THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Congratulations Sulin Mia - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+6
Brandykins
kachinas
Jazz
carol
gbjoce
Shadsdad
10 posters

Congratulations Sulin Mia

Shadsdad
    Shadsdad
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

thumbs Re: Congratulations Sulin Mia

Post by Shadsdad Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 am

At least it won't be me this time! I'll hopefully be at home looking after a pregnant Shadow and the rest of the clan Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:39 am

I don't know Vince, getting your girlie preggers to avoid putting our tents up is pushing it just a tad, doncha think Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    Jazz
    Jazz
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1484
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Jazz Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am

*cough* mia should be first not our younger shad *cough*

men don't know what they're on about half the time! no offence to the sound minded men we have on her Very Happy lol!

and by men i mean vince lol!
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 am

keeper wrote:
    gbjoce wrote:[quote="keeper

Hi joce, Harrison still might go but it really depends on how well Merlin and him get along as Carol is being a love and taking me to the show and we are shareing a tent together , without her I would not be able to go at all. It will be a long journey and an even longer one for Merlin and Carol and we will all be in one car/van, plus if it's a hot day and being in an enclosed space !! As you know Harrison and Merlin are both entire and live within their own packs and are both well temperd and happy dogs but I don't want to push it for the sake of a show. Plus I might have bitches in season around then and that can change the dynamics too!
    Think of it this way, if I bring Totsi I will have more freedom to see and play with all the other dogs and she will be able to see her babies again lol!

OH NO.... back to unneutered male dogs again lol
    Hope Maska behaves then. He is a bit bigger than he was at the last show and tries to be dominant with other dogs but I am sure the big boy UTES will soon put the pup in his place....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:01 am

Joce it is the Big Girl Utes who will put him firmly in his place. Cariad and Lona had not only Maska trying to bonk them, but Tai was as well, but they both got told in no uncertain terms that there was NO chance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy both of them took the hint and cleared off Very Happy Very Happy Maska did have a try at Blaidd as well, after putting up with it a couple of times Blaidd decided that NO it wasn't going to happen again, he told Maska off and in the end he got fed up and went and had a go at his housemate Shyla Very Happy Very Happy
    It is a normal behaviour for young males to do this, it is not an unexpected unusual thing, once they find that they get told off they learn not to do it.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Jose Smile I am not going to beat about the bush lol! You are quite right to be cautious and to be one step ahead when it comes to young entire males [I have other views on adult males/studs etc but will stick with Mask and young males for now]. As has already been mentioned, females and other pups of both sexes will educate him BUT be very careful when it comes to adult entire males as not all males are good with young males who are learning. My Tim was brilliant with Anzara and excellent with the adults,if he was ever put in a non predicted situation he would look to me. We had a very strong bond and he knew what behaviour I expected from him he was a real gem and I have never had a male like him since. That is not to say my boys are bad because they are not, they are the ones that are the typical male where as Tim was not. Ute males on the whole are very easy to handle once you learn their characters/temperaments and you gain experience with them.
    What you cannot afford is for Maska to have a bad experience with any dog not just males whilst he is Maturing as this could do mental damage that could stay with him through out his life, not to mention physical. The biggest thing of all is to be able and wherever possible to choose the dogs that you know are steady and under control of their owner [always expect the unexpected though] hopefully by the time he is adult you both will have a good bond of love and trust and grown in confidence. Please remember to be FIRM but fair with him, be aware of his body language and that of other dogs that he does meet " if in doubt, go around about" is my rule and it is mainly the owners and not the dogs I apply that rule to. There are many bad, ignorant if not damn stupid owners out there and it is them that give dogs a bad name and the good owners a mighty fight to keeping them excepted in society. It just comes down to good dog common sence and appreciating that dogs are ANIMALS, trouble is it is not as common as I would like and far to many owners try to humanise their dogs Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I have my animals because they are animals. You would not treat your grandaughter like a dog no more than I would mine. Sorry ,as you can tell the latter part makes me so Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Most of all keep confident and calm and enjoy learning together. XXX Smile

wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1101
    Registration date : 2010-05-17

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:03 pm

That is spot on advice lyn, tbh Joce its about common sense, you've had maska for a while now so the best person to make decisions is you as you know him. To put it differently, if you were a teen following your raging hormones, and started some excited behaviour that someone else deemed unappropriate, if they instead of simply reprimanding you, attacked you and maybe even injured you, would that not make you wary and perhaps a little more likely to go on the attack in future uncomfortable situations?
    Thats the kind of situation you really need to avoid, so like lyn said, any hint that there may be a situation developing then remove the key component, in this case maska, if hes not there then the situation is effectively prevented.
    but really just keep doing what you're doing, there havent been any major hiccups so you must be doing something right, have confidence in yourself and your bond with your dog, sorry to ramble lol!
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks all for that advice. I know the dogs that Maska plays well with and the owners who understand young dog behaviour and we meet them at a field near here sometimes.
    Being young, he is not aware of other dogs moods or is not able to read them. We sometimes meet an unneutered Huskie who is a very dominant male dog. Maska would go up to him for a quick attempt at humping I'm sure but you can just tell by the dogs stance and his eyes that he would really go for Maska if he got to close. Maska seems totally unaware of this, so we keep our distance and avoid trouble. I will be on the lookout at the show and hopefully he won't cause too much trouble...............
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm

You're going to be one heck of an owner when you finally get your boy Rob cheers cheers
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:14 pm

aww thanks june, its just the benefit of years around dogs tbh, and joce honestly I dont think you have reason to worry, confidence is the name of the game, you're pack leader to maska and if your confident in whatever you do then he'll follow, if your unsure then he'll do what he wants, dogs need strong leaders, so just try and have more faith in yourself Smile

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:10 pm

wolfboy wrote:aww thanks june, its just the benefit of years around dogs tbh, and joce honestly I dont think you have reason to worry, confidence is the name of the game, you're pack leader to maska and if your confident in whatever you do then he'll follow, if your unsure then he'll do what he wants, dogs need strong leaders, so just try and have more faith in yourself Smile

Well said Rob lol!

Is it not a girl that you have decided on Rob Question Question lol!
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Haha thanks Smile I'm honestly not sure lyn, I think its probably better to decide for sure when I see the pup and based on what the breeder thinks. I'm not gonna say one for definite because it may be completely the wrong dog for me

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 pm

wolfboy wrote:Haha thanks Smile I'm honestly not sure lyn, I think its probably better to decide for sure when I see the pup and based on what the breeder thinks. I'm not gonna say one for definite because it may be completely the wrong dog for me

Either way I think you would be a good owner to either sex and the reason I say that is that it's comming over that your Yin/Yang balance is spot on or near abouts. lol!
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:31 pm

ok, I'm baffled at this comment lyn? lol!
    yin and yang? chinese symolism is a bit out of my area of expertise Wink

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 pm

In balance, in touch with yourself lol! X
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Oh got it, lol, well im the most easy going person really so I suppose thats probably why, you have to be patient to teach though so that probably helps Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm