THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
MK Show Piccies - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+3
wolfboy
Jazz
Admin
7 posters

MK Show Piccies

wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1101
    Registration date : 2010-05-17

MK Show Piccies - Page 2 Empty Re: MK Show Piccies

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:25 am

do you think thats the strength of the sibe lines coming into play then? because sibes are generally a lot smaller than the mals and a little smaller than the gsd. It may be that the early lines had their build from lots of sibe blood and the breeding has gone over present day to stronger malamute lines with people wanting longer legged rough coated dogs. Just a thought, it may be completely wrong lol
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Awfal Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:41 am

Hal was very small, both in height and build. Tai is massive ... much taller than Hal, about the same height as Miakoda and Cariad, maybe a bit taller, but a much, much bigger build. He is very Mally, which I love, a real bruiser. Maska, Kirsty's boy, is as I imagine that Lyn's vision is of a good Ute. Very tall, leggy wolf-like thin legs, wasp waisted and fine boned ... like my Hal, but much taller. Hal had the short stocky Mal legs unfortunately! Cariad has long wolfy legs and is tall, Maelona again is more like Tai, more Mal in build, but tall. It is these differences though that IMO will mean healthy stock. If they all start popping out looking the same, then the breed will run into the same genetic problems that very other pedigree breed has done, and we don't want that. Vive la difference I say !

The pictures look fine to me ... can I suggest that I post the Photobucket link on here myself so that then all everyone has to do is to click on it, and then presumably they will be correctly sized? We could email them all to June, but there are well over 60 of them and it would take for ever. They are .jpegs, but good quality ones, so large in terms of megabyte size.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 am

No, no nikki my vision is the true timber wolf look far from the european wolf which are as you say tall, long legged thin and rangry No that;s not my vision at all lol!
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:08 am

ive got to say i agree with awfal about the differences, again going back to setters, my area of expertise lol, but they have been being bred for years they have a breed standard in place people aim for but still there are vast differences in the breed, not obvious things like coat colour and things but more subtle differences like the build or chest depth. I think differences in breeds can only be a good thing becuase people have different opinions of beauty and I know if all utes looked exactly the same there would be a lot of disappointed people out there, sorry, i rambled a bit and it didnt make a whole lot of sense, but i knewe what i wanted to say when i started lol Wink

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 am

wolfboy wrote:do you think thats the strength of the sibe lines coming into play then? because sibes are generally a lot smaller than the mals and a little smaller than the gsd. It may be that the early lines had their build from lots of sibe blood and the breeding has gone over present day to stronger malamute lines with people wanting longer legged rough coated dogs. Just a thought, it may be completely wrong lol

Here is a pic of a pup I bred moons ago Rob, tell me what you see in him to what you have see thus far lol!

MK Show Piccies - Page 2 Talar028-1-1

The next is my tim the adult dog aboves dad

MK Show Piccies - Page 2 Sherylhols021-1-1
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Post by Awfal Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:38 am

keeper wrote:No, no nikki my vision is the true timber wolf look far from the european wolf which are as you say tall, long legged thin and rangry No that;s not my vision at all lol!

Completely got it wrong then! You mean an Anazarra/Harrison look with a bit heavier Hal-type coat with slightly stockier legs then?
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Post by Awfal Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:42 am

OMG Lyn ! The dog on the left is the SPIT of Hal ... just a heck of a lot bigger! Who is that ? He is absolutely gorgeous !!

Having said all that, I think your Tim has got to be my number 1 favourite. He has the true wolf coat ... Hal's coat was not a true wolf coat, possibly Cariad's is the closest I have seen now she has matured. Tai's is way off, more like a long haired GSD's, and he suffers so from the heat, which is very unwolf-like.
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Post by Awfal Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:43 am

I love the shorter muzzle that Tim had, and Hal. Tai's muzzle is longer, more wolf-like, but I do prefer the shorter Mal type muzzle I must say.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:50 am

Awfal wrote:OMG Lyn ! The dog on the left is the SPIT of Hal ... just a heck of a lot bigger! Who is that ? He is absolutely gorgeous !!

Having said all that, I think your Tim has got to be my number 1 favourite. He has the true wolf coat ... Hal's coat was not a true wolf coat, possibly Cariad's is the closest I have seen now she has matured. Tai's is way off, more like a long haired GSD's, and he suffers so from the heat, which is very unwolf-like.

He is my Tim's son that I bred, he must be 7-8 now without looking at the paper work, they are still in touch with me and they bring him over to see me now and again. He is a gentle giant like his dad but not as tall as his dad. Smile
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:00 am

which one lyn? the big guy looks very very mal cant see a lot of sibe in him, the little guy, coatwise is a lot more sibe or gsd, I cant make my mind up lol, are they related? and the big guy is huuuuuuge btw Wink lol or he looks it compared to the pup

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:36 am

wolfboy wrote:which one lyn? the big guy looks very very mal cant see a lot of sibe in him, the little guy, coatwise is a lot more sibe or gsd, I cant make my mind up lol, are they related? and the big guy is huuuuuuge btw Wink lol or he looks it compared to the pup

Okay, my line started 70% mal 30% shepherd[it's not set in stone but that's my estimation and what I have worked on for the last 8yrs] now I wanted to keep the temperment and height but slim down the the bulk just a tad[more in keeping with the T.Wolf] but before I could even start to to breed for type I had to find out[due to poor and sometimes abscent records] what was carrying what ie geneticly and traits I also had to try and find out who had been inbred the years before I even got one Crying or Very sad what a task it has been too! cut a long story short I went with what I did know and not with what I did'nt. It has been an added bonus that my dogs are starting to come to type[don't get me wrong , I have a long ways to go yet] but it was never intentional as I was trying to determine wether my line along with a few others was worth saving. Finding true unadulterated lines that I thought would be complimentry to my own was hard to find. Like June said, I found Bleyddn and then Anzara. Redkite is sibe x shepherd mainly but Anz has a grandfather that was unrelated to all of them[though I expect there will be plenty of folks out there that will say diffrent] and that is one of the many reasons that I wanted him.
    Between the two outside studs I have managed to continue towards my vision but it has only been recently that I have been able to see the way forward into starting to make them a breed.My past with these dogs has all been home work,test matings and a lot of ridicule for the effort Sad I have only a few test matings left to do and then I can start on the next chapter.

The dog above is the one underneaths son, and yes very malamute[I love mals by the way].9/10 rob, well done Very Happy .

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 am

Rob, forgot to say that the dog above is a tad smaller than his dad below but his coat makes him appear bigger. lol!
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:40 am

well thanks Wink yeah, like you were saying before about long coated mals that guys got it in spades lol, stunning dogs lyn Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 am

If you ever get chance Rob (possibly once you are driving yourself and a free agent) you should take a trip to Wales and go and meet Lyn and her dogs, the sheer volume of piccies and info she has gathered will keep you there a few weeks, best take a tent eh Very Happy Very Happy
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 am

that sounds like a plan Smile id love to meet them all
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 am

you won't know what to do first, did you know Lyn has monkeys, meerkats and llamas as well as the Utonagan and Poodles??? It's like being in a toffee shop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:55 am

wolfboy wrote:well thanks Wink yeah, like you were saying before about long coated mals that guys got it in spades lol, stunning dogs lyn Smile

You will be suprised Rob how many Ute dislikers and the like would say and do say that it is collie that is within Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I don't think many of them realise that Mals can have a rough coat, maybe not so much now as it is undisired but when Eddy started all them years ago a good Mal would have been like rocking horse shxx to get hold of as Mal people were like the Masons Laughing so in all probablity she could only have got hands on a couple of the longer coated ones.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:20 am

I was hearing that they have now discovered the gene that gives them the long coat so they are going to be able to breed it out now, a great shame, I know it is undesirable, but I have seen some truly amazing Mals with the long coat,
    Eddy had dealings with a guy near me who either had a Mal or access to them as he crossed them with his dogs

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 am

The rough coated Ute SHOULD look like a wolf in it's WINTER coat and NOT like Lassie !!! Very Happy
    yarrum
    yarrum
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by yarrum Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:30 am

Lovely pics looking forward to seeing more, that last pic is fab Lyn xx

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:34 am

Forgot to say that the pup in the pic is my Harrison lol!
    Shadsdad
    Shadsdad
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post by Shadsdad Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:53 am

Nowt wrong with collies! Mad I love my Tess to bits and she's a clever cloggs too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes nobody said there was Vince , maybe you read the thread wrong eh ! lol!
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Post by wolfboy Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Aww harrison looks adorable there lol, I think if people want a dog that looks like a collie they should get a collie, but... I have to agree with you vince collies are wonderful animals, I've had two, one pure bred the other was a collie cross spaniel I think, needless to say, lovely temperament, genius dogs, can be snappy with smaller dogs but again depends on training. Overall though if I wasn't wanting a ute I'd probably have another collie.
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:04 pm

[quote="Awfal Maelona again is more like Tai, more Mal in build, but tall.

i dont think melona looks mal in her build, more like redkite side but with more bone to her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 pm