THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

Handsome Utah

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Re: Handsome Utah

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Do you think they would pop over and clean mine Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Ask if your butcher does pet mince, because lots of them do, also smart price chicken wings from Asda are good, ox heart - I buy one and have it cut into eight, when mine were still growing they had an eighth with their mince and chicken wings in the morning, also lamb hearts are lovely, breast of lamb, the chicken fillets, portions and white fish from Iceland are very cheap, tinned tuna (if in brine rinse it off) and sardines or pilchards in tomato sauce, all stuff you can source locally till you get a supplier.

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 am

Are you going to meet his owners so that they can see what a lovely family he is going to lol!
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 am

Geri wrote:will def be sending emails & piccies of his progress here & with Eleanor so that his old family can keep updated with him hope they dont mind that kids are already planning camping trip in the spring with him . Myself personally have always kept families of rescue dogs updated unless it was a cruelty case then they ppl didnt deserve to hear how great they're unwanted dog was. Kids just back from remeberance parade so have told them i need house clean for friday (Great housework done for me this week ) well hubby going to our butcher on friday to find out what he can get me Very Happy so should be already for Utahs whirlwind arrival xxx

brilliant bet you all cant wait, the butcher should give you all the bones and carcasses if you ask as well i get alsorts of things from mine.
    yarrum
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by yarrum on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am

My what a whirlwind for everyone, thanks folks for sending the raw thread links and names of companies, but recently he has gone off his raw food, he loved his tripe and chicken wings etc, so it might because he is unsettled etc, still loves his meaty bones but will need to play the feeding by ear.
    What I would like some of you to recommend to Geri is insurance, I personally don't have any as I was ripped off twice with my horses and refused to have insurance again, but Utah is quite prone to finding glass n standing on it lol, so I do recommend Geri has it.
    I will be keeping Marg upto date with pics n details, to start with her as she is quite poorly just now with circumstances round her, so I will be choosing when to show and tell her things about him innitially, until the shock of parting with him gets easier, Marg and I are personal friends, so I will still be visiting her regularly, and we email things almost everyday to each other.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 am

Petplan are the best ones in my experience as regards insurance. Hope Marg starts feeling better soon, it must be heartbreaking for her, but she is doing the best for Utah long term.

shell
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2010-10-13

Post by shell on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:22 am

oh so pleased to hear a happy ending, good luck and well done to all concerned xx
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:23 am

Hope it all works out well Smile
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2010-11-13

Post by Geri on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:42 am

thnx all have just posted on the scottish walk idea think this is brill . Lyn dont think his family will be up to meeting us at the moment I will wait until Utah is settled then find out if they would like to meet up & see how he is doing Neutral dont want tio upset then but will be sending loads of Emails & pics over to Eleanor for them. flower
    yarrum
    Senior
    Senior

Post by yarrum on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:35 am

Well great news it is all go ahead, so by next weekend the man will be in his new home, I had a lovely but sad phone call with Marg today, my heart is racing at the thought of going to take him away again as I already did when I was going to keep him, so I know how upsetting it is going to be all round again.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 am

It is going to be a very mixed day, hope Marg and her family hold up and don't let Utah see how upset they are, good cry all round when he has gone I know, it is a massive wrench for them but the fact that they can see the benefits for him (and for them healthwise) is very positive, my heart goes out to them.
    Thanks so much to Geri, she only applied to join the Forum, next minute she has a New Man in her life Shocked Shocked

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:44 am

yarrum wrote:Well great news it is all go ahead, so by next weekend the man will be in his new home, I had a lovely but sad phone call with Marg today, my heart is racing at the thought of going to take him away again as I already did when I was going to keep him, so I know how upsetting it is going to be all round again.

Will be keeping you all in my thoughts lol!
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Post by Geri on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm

lol at admin Yeah joined to do homework now have a new baby . Hubby is looking forward to it more as this will ensure there is another male in the house as household has been female dominated for to long for him & last doggie hated water & fishing . So hopefully Utah can enjoy this with him . Very Happy Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Mine adore water, although Cariad will only paddle, Lona swims around quite happily and likes nothing better to go in after a ball, she won't chase one on land, but in the water it is fine, strange girl Very Happy Very Happy I would imagine Utah will be the same. Never mind Geri you can learn 'on the job' like we all did, you will enjoy it all the more and have many laughs and good times along the way, you will wonder what you ever did without him Very Happy

Senior
    Senior

Post by yarrum on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:36 am

Well folks great news I set off this morning, picked up Utah from his mummy Crying or Very sad arrived at his hopefully new home, to find a cuppa waiting for me Very Happy and Utah thought his meal was ready as well because the pet bunny is housed inside for the Winter affraid
    I met all the family three lovely teenage girls, although he terrorised the youngest Caitlyn because she had a scarf and a bobble in her beautiful long hair, that he had to be removed from Laughing .
    He made great friends with daddy, poor mummy Geri was more or less ignored, which showed she is the boss and he knew at once where he stood with her, and Collette he just seemed to understand, and I am so sorry ??? I have forgotten your name, but she has lost her bed to him, while I was there he went upstairs and found her bed and was happily lying in it. He did want to leave with me Crying or Very sad I then took a wrong turning and stopped to set the sat nav and call home, then went back up the road to see Utah, daddy and Caitlyn out a walk already with him Very Happy that was the point I knew this is where he should be.
    I am sure he has found his forever home and I am sure Geri and Co. will be a perfect home for him, they do have a lot of work to put in to him, so hopefully we can all be here to answer and encourage any probs they have.
    yarrum
    Senior
    Senior

Post by yarrum on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 am

PS just to add Jennifer is the name I forgot and who I am sure is gonna have to share her bed.
    and just had to copy paste this from my facebook from Geri

"thnx hun well ur wee man is settling well just had a fortune spent on him at pets at home (staff there loved him 2 ) he even got free treats 4 being a good boy xxx"
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Post by Geri on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:38 am

Well as Eleanor has said The lovely Utah has finally made it here my oldest girl Colette only stays at weekends so she has been here Utah loves the way she thinks she's in control when she has cold meat in her hand. Jennifer I think will have a special bond as he seems to enjoy following her wherever she goes (even tried to get in bathroom when she was in the shower). Caitlin had a rocky start with Utah there were boundaries to set up there but he has decided that he will let her take a higher rank than him after she got the courage up to smack his nose for grabbing her wrist all the time. Derek is his play companion ( Utah has discovered he enjoys tug o war ) & me well Im just the boss who he plays with but not to the capacity that he plays with Derek (gives me his toy but wont pull on it ) knows his basics but wont answer to his name . Oh yeah & has just as Elanors hubby likes to say fluffed up his bed to the point he was giving little howls (me think he may be frustrated all these females & keeps getting told no) lol! lol! lol! lol! oh well need to buy a new usb cable as cant find the one for my phone which has some cracking pics of him, on it. speak soon Geri n the Mad Murphy's I love you
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Post by Geri on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:42 am

P.S bunny is safe & sound in Caitlins room now . Poor Mr speckles isnt speaking to us for letting him in Razz
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:02 am

Have been thinking of everyone today and glad that things have gone well, poor Mr Speckles, hope he is OK and is speaking to you again soon. One of Cariad's sons lives with house bunnies and one of Lona's sons lives with a real menagerie and all have survived so far, it seems to be a case of making them understand that it is not a case of 'dinner is served' but more a case of 'don't touch it is mine'. I am sure that the Murphys will soon instil a sense of his position in their pack from the sound of things Very Happy Very Happy and Mr Speckle will be safe and sound.
    Look forward to seeing the piccies of him out having fun with you all Very Happy Very Happy

Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2009-11-07

Post by Darklightsangel on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Wow A well done to everyone Sounds like He is settled already stealing beds lol Bless
    as I said on the other post ((Hugs)) all round Smile xxxxxxx
    Oh and anyone not got me on facebook im Irene Stewart Wink xx
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Can't wait to hear how his first full days go. Smile
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 pm

cant wait to see hows his getting on, bet his loving it. Very Happy

shell
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2010-10-13

Post by shell on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:05 am

awww sounds like he found himself a great family life, my thoughts are with his previous owners as well who must be gutted at having to rehome him, but he seems to have landed on his paws, well done to everyone concerned xxx
    cant wait to see pics of him

Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:33 am

Petplan are fab but IMO expensive. We have insurance with Tesco for both dogs and house, and they are good and a fair bit cheaper than Petplan, but defo Petplan are the Rolls Royce.

Lindsey7
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2010-10-30

Post by Lindsey7 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 am

Awe so glad to hear the hansome boy has settled into his new home, well done everyone I love you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 pm