THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Breeders BEWARE !!!! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+7
Awfal
Casandra
Geri
kachinas
Admin
gbjoce
carol
11 posters

Breeders BEWARE !!!!

down Breeders BEWARE !!!!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:06 am

I am absolutely fuming to learn from Carol on here that one of my puppies ( her Stryders litter brother ) from Totsi and Harrisons last litter is up for re homing/sale without my knowledge, no contact from his owner whats so ever, you all know him as Beowolf/ Zena being his owner and friend of Diane with Hobo. My e-mail has not changed nor has my number that she has for me. Beowolf, unlike Hobo has not been neutered as asked. Yes he did go with a contract. I have no idea what the hell is going on , I am most upset and very disappointed at finding out via a friend who saw it advertised on FACE BOOK What a Face Sad Sad Sad. I feel most betrayed as I gave this person the benefit of the doubt because she came recommended via some one I trusted. I have not contacted her yet as I am too upset and feel utterly let down.
    I just want breeders to know that no matter how careful and thorough you are about your babies people are not always what they seem. I guess the moral to my situation is that I should have gone with my gut instinct.
    Sorry, rant over, I am just so terribly upset. Crying or Very sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by keeper on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

down Re: Breeders BEWARE !!!!

Post by carol Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 am

here is what she has put on face book.

Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats
    I am reluctantly selling my fabulous 1 yr old Utonagon dog. VERY wolfy looking.

A break in his training earlier in the year due to events at home have meant that I have not had the time to continue his training. Lots of energy and loves to play. Needs an owner used to large dogs as he currently stands at 31".

Used to living with other dogs and cats. He is microchipped and up to date with his vaccinations and is un neutered.

Very affectionate and playful, he does not like to be left in house on his own so either needs someone who is around a lot or to be placed in the garden to play when out of house as he is prone to chew if unsupervised but does not do this when I am in the house.

To enquire about this beautiful young dog please call 07590037935 or 0114 2491442
    LikeUnlike · ·Follow PostUnfollow Post · 5 hours ago.

Catrin Anne Toomey he is gorgeous ♥️ have you asked the breeder to have him back?Ive got it in my contract to ask her first xx
    5 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats sadly not in contact anymore otherwise i would but there are specific reasons i chose not to do this that i wont post online
    5 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Catrin Anne Toomey ‎Smile thats fair enough,im sure hes going to find his home soon,if i didnt have my grumpy gsd i might consider him xx
    5 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats hes a VERY reluctant sale as i love him but i had a breakin earlier this year and the intruder tried to attack him through his crate therefore cant crate him anymore and i feel he would be better in a home he doesnt assciate with the breakin as he gets anxious
    5 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Catrin Anne Toomey ‎Sad they are so snesitive,ive gt two ni girls and one of them is unbelievable sensitive,she hates being alone.but i wouldnt change them for the worls they are the most amazing dogs ever ♥️.and i feel for you just the thought of nt having them anymore...shudder.but as you said it is in his interest and that shows me how much you love him {{hug}} xx
    5 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats I had him fully crate trained, house trained etc but thanks to the breakin now hes not anymore and at night time he gets unsettled and barks at the slightest noise in house. I feel perhaps in a different environment he would settle better again as he wouldnt associate it with the breakin here. So upset for myself but at same time I have to put him first and he needs to be with someone who can rebuild his confidence more
    4 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Rowan Rayne Have you not tried other solutions besides crating?? What about staying in your bedroom for a while till he settles down again, and then slowly weaning him out to another part of the house afterwards?
    59 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats tried that :\ he can open every door in my house so cant shut him in bedroom with me. He opens all the doors and then if unsupervised ie if im out or asleep hes destructive or gets over anxious
    54 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats ive had this problem with him since May and ive tried everything to reassure him, taken it slowly trying to re crate him. Tried shutting him in one room, which he promptly escapes, x large dog gates etc. This has been a last resort 5 months down the line from the breakin not a first resort
    52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Catrin Anne Toomey i must admit i dont normally agree rehoming pets until everything has been tred,but i can understand why you are doing it,not that you would have to explain yourself anyway.These dogs are so sensitive and they can feel you anguish aswell,so if you did want to keep him it would be both of you that needed retraining.I would suggest repostin this ad now without the comment to create interest Smile good luck and let us know how it goes xx
    51 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Rowan Rayne ‎Sad I'm sorry you (and he) have had to go through all this.
    51 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Zena Doane Koskaforestsiberiancats My 16 yr old daughter was in bed during the breakin and the intruder also went into her room and threatened her with hammer and stole her laptop from next to bed (apparently mistaken identity hed been sent round to a drug dealers house and picked mine :\) As a result she is still very anxious when im not in house and I suspect he is picking his anxiety up from her. As much as I love him I have to do what I think is best for him and not me and he is going to pick up the same anxiety levels in another home
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:19 am

Sorry Lyn...I wonder why she does not just contact you?? I remember Beowolf from posts a while back. Hopefully it all has a good outcome for him.....

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 am

He was sold as PET ONLY and that is also one of my fears Joce. She promised that she would have him done just like Hobo's owner did ( diane ). I am so angry with myself and so upset. My poor boy, just over a year old too. Sad Evil or Very Mad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:30 am

There is no good reason at all why Zena should not contact Lyn, she was on here not that long ago telling us about the break-in if you all remember-one of the very few times I wish I was on facebook as she would be getting a piece of my mind I can tell you Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad that is absolutely the pits Lyn, disgusting....you did give her the benefit of the doubt, much against your instinct, an example of an owner not prepared to follow the contract they signed. He would be much better off coming home to Lyn and then a forever home found for him.
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Post by carol Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 am

the people who set up the wolf look a like page has taken it down as its one of their rules no selling.

the rules

Joy Clemens changed the group description to "This is for all wolf look a like and wolfdog breeders and lovers to aid people in finding their right breed of dog.

Everyone within the group is here to
    1) find the right breed for themselves(do your own checks other then here)!

2) help other find their right breed for them (Give info on their breed not anyone else)

3) help with each others breeds by sharing info

Rules
    1) No selling or advertising. This includes (but not limited to) dogs, puppies, rescue, equipment, services, etc..). This group is for wolf look a likes and wolfdog education and look a likes/wolfdog owners / fanciers.

2) We're all mature adults here, please act it. No foul language, insults, etc. This also includes no harassing of other members.

3) No breeder / breed bashing.

4) No sending unsolicited PMs.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1) If you are going to post pictures of your dogs please post them in the section titled for that breed. This way people can easily see what the different breeds look like. (We also don't need several hundred different folders).

2) For wolf-hybrid dogs (a mix between a wolf and a domesticated breed of dog) let us know what variety of wolf was used, what breed of dog was used (if known) and the content rating (high, mid, low, etc.)

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:46 am

Mmm! maybe he is sold then, that would not surprise me, my poor boy Sad
    If anyone is interested in him and wants to know more about his breeding or background you are more than welcome to contact me his breeder at lynbarraclough@yahoo.com. Just ask for lyn, if anyone ends up with him or gets to know where he has gone/goes I would be very, very grateful if you could let me know or give me an update. This puppy was homed/sold as Pet only and for good reason, again if you home him and would like to know more please contact me on the above e-mail.
    As you can imagine , I am devastated . I have no idea why she has not contacted me. Sad Sad
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 am

Had a message from Diane half an hour ago...did not sound like he was sold then.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:06 am

I am beside myself in case he gets into the wrong hands or I lose sight of where he goes Joce. pale
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:15 am

We vet all homes so carefully and thoroughly, everyone is 2nd vetted, and still these types slip through the net, God help the poor puppies who don't go to vetted homes!!!
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 am

If I hear anything, I will let you know Lyn. I just said the owner should contact you and Diane said she would pass it on...who knows???

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:27 am

The thing is I went through everything with her, at one point I even said that maybe this breed was not for her but she so convinced me and like I said everything was backed up by someone else. We went into her work commitments, everything. I except that sometimes things do not work out but I just cannot get my head around why she has not told me/contacted me.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 am

Thankyou Joce but my guess is is that Diane will not want to get involved in it all. Thats very much the way of things with people in this breed now and who can blame them eh ! Thanks anyway. XX
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702

Post by kachinas Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 am

not been on fb yet, so will take a look and may back-up joce's comment x x
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 am

If she had one shred of decency she would have been in touch with you straight away, not putting posts up on facebook of all places. Whatever happened to using your brain eh??
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 am

I have also suggested she contact breeder, guess we will see what happens, see if I get a reply, we can only try.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 am

Let's hope that someone can talk sense into her
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 am

keeper wrote:Thankyou Joce but my guess is is that Diane will not want to get involved in it all. Thats very much the way of things with people in this breed now and who can blame them eh ! Thanks anyway. XX

Diane contacted me first....I just replied that the owner should contact you.....
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 am

oops, I left myself logged on! went on fb and forgot I was here too, Embarassed lol

well, I replyed to Zena's post, but not had a reply, but as far as I know she's not been on, anyway will let you know if I hear any more :-)
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Post by carol Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Anyone thinking of buying this poor boy, please contact his breeder Lyn Barraclough. He was sold as pet only on the strict proviso he was neutered. All our contracts state that the breeder should be contacted if there are changes in circumstance that necessitate the dog be re-homed, so she has breached her contract with Lyn on 2 parts.
    Just hope he finds a responsible owner that's all Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Cannot something to that effect be put up on the site where he is for sale. Please contact his breeder etc Or could the site be contacted about her advert as it is in breech of her contract with Lyn?? No idea really...

I think anyone reading the description would be put off...you know you would be taking on a problem unless you have a lot of space and he could live outside.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Hopefully anyone considering buying him will have either seen this or been pointed in it's direction. Trouble could start though if he is bought by someone less than scrupulous.
    Like you say, someone reading the advert would be put off by the inferred problems and the price she is asking for him.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Sad Sad This is to whoever homes my beautiful boy,

Hi, I am Lyn Barraclough who bred Beowolf. Beowolf was homed as a PET only. His current owner has chosen NOT to keep in contact or tell me that she is selling him, I have no idea why.
    If you are not familiar with the Utonagan breed you will need to know some breed and breed line specific things about them as well as their individual character. It appears from the discription in the above advert that Beowolf has for some reason not had the time dedicated to him. My guess would be ( and I have been in this breed some 16 yrs ) that he has got a little unruly due to the latter and that of inconsistency. This will be a set back for any dog approaching adolescence and non more so than a Utonagan ( males inparticular ). By nature they are loving but when young they need firm but fair boundaries, they like and even need company and most would prefer to be homed with another dog.
    I am afraid that in Beowolf's case it would seem that he will be needing a knowledgeable home with experience of large dogs. He will and I have no doubt of this, need re training. You will need much patience, understanding and time for which I am equally sure he will reward you. I am always here for you to contact and help in anyway that I can.
    Please whoever you are that has or gets him can you just let me know that he is okay and settling in. I just hope that you have found this forum to be able to read this.
    As you can imagine I am really upset by learning this news second hand.
    Here again is my contact e-mail lynbarraclough@yahoo.com
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:41 am

Maybe this should go in the general section with its own heading..then someone looking for breed information might just come across it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 am