THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

OH BRITAIN, where did we go wrong?

Re: OH BRITAIN, where did we go wrong?

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 am

Quote "On immigration we will just have to agree to differ .Personally, we
    have an aging population, aging at an alarming rate...we need young,
    hard working people to come here or we are going to have real problems Smile "

In part I agree but what about all the aging family/s that they bring or end up bringing over ?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 am

Oh don't worry about them Lyn, they get extra money and can be found places in care homes at the drop of a hat, I have read some hair raising accounts of the results of the high level of marriages between cousins and what is happening there as well, more NHS money because they won't or can't see the problems being caused. Whole families full of sick children all suffering from the same illness.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:39 am

Admin wrote:We have plenty of young people, trouble is a lot of them have never learnt to spell, speak properly, use grammar correctly when composing a letter, they have no idea how to conduct themselves in an interview let alone a job in the real world, also, they have no work ethic, have never even had a paper round, never mind a job after or before school. Perish the thought that someone's little darling may have to walk round in the rain/snow whatever delivering papers for an hour or so every day, or do the milk round, work in a hairdressers washing hair and sweeping up, no .... far better to give them the money for those designer trainers, phone or game.

Please try not to put all young people in the same category June, I have met many good YP,
    My 14 yr old grandson has been doing his paper round for just over a year, he works 7 mornings a week, has never had a day off work skiving , has never been late and he saves his money to buy luxuries his parents cannot afford or deem unnecessary. Being a teen he is no angel but he is a good thoughtful lad who uses most of his time doing something constructive.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 am

I wasn't, if you noticed I said 'a lot of them' I know there are still some out there doing jobs to earn pocket money, but now it is the exception rather than the rule.

VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:23 pm

We don't have plenty of young people to support our increasing aging population.........

'By 2050 it’s anticipated that for every 1 child, there will be more than 4 people aged 80 or over'+ We need more young families and workers to support our old people.

Migrants bring more to the economy than they take out...fact. O k, like some Brits, there will be those that don't but the benefits to our economy from them is positive. Asian families are far more likely to look after and live with their elderly relatives than British families Put them in a home is , so far, not so much part of their culture. Three generations living in a home is not uncommon

Funnily, I worked in an inner city school with people from many ethnic origins....By and large June, it was the children from those minorities who showed the values you speak of. Esp those originally from the Indian subcontinent. They were fully committed to their child's education and wanted to help them at home. O.k, sometimes the mothers could not speak English but they tended to live in a closed world but the fathers and children could or soon learnt to.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Quote " Funnily, I worked in an inner city school with people from many
    ethnic origins....By and large June, it was the children from those
    minorities who showed the values you speak of. Esp those originally from
    the Indian subcontinent. They were fully committed to their child's
    education and wanted to help them at home. O.k, sometimes the mothers
    could not speak English but they tended to live in a closed world but
    the fathers and children could or soon learnt to. "

I have similar experiences as you Joce as far as the above goes but have also seen and experienced the exact opposite too.

I would say that values, and being valued etc plays an enormous part in all of this, right from birth to old age. And yes I do believe having a sense of value plays a big part in the economy , maybe that is another discussion to be had Smile
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702

Post by kachinas on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I think on the whole there is very little 'Pride in Britain' or ' Proud to be British' Crying or Very sad , most people I speak to want to leave. . . We have a beautiful Country! ok, the weather often lets us down, but it's green and lush! I think we have got ourselves trapped in the past, we had it all, other countries looked to us to lead the way, but we then sat on our laurels and lost the plot! The world has moved on, but we still think we are the crown in the jewel.

* When I say 'we' I mean the country! lol ( just to clarify! Smile )

Youngster

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post by Shadsdad on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:21 am

Yup, ship out the English, Welsh, Scots and Irish, the country would be still over- populated.

So Sorry, We are a tiny island in the world as a whole, we're gonna struggle to "grow our own" for "our own",

With 2.5 million "British" workers and a substantial amout of those teens or post teens! Where can they get jobs? 50 applicants for every job, 49 stay on the benefit system.

Let's put the "GREAT" back into Britain, Bully the softie government into investing in "BRITISH" innovations and re-build our manufacturing excellence?
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:26 am

Would like to see them investing in British innovations but we will never get our manufacturing back when you can produce the goods far more cheaply in other areas of the world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:01 am