THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

My tribe :3

Shangri-La
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2012-10-10

My tribe :3

Post by Shangri-La on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi everybody Very Happy

As I promised, I'm going to introduce my tribe here ^^ I'm the happy owner of two Turkish Angora cats and two horses =)

Because I have several pictures, I will present one animal per message, sorry about it... Embarassed

Firstly, I have to present Fanélia d'Angora'mour (High Limit's Artemis x Ophélia von Sultanhani), my blue-eyed white TUA :

When she was 2 weeks old :

(Master Yoda must be her father Laughing )

When she was 2 months old :

And now =)

She has a very strong personality and she is hot-blooded ^^ She's a princess and we almost have to bow before her.
    Shangri-La
    Newborn
    Newborn

Re: My tribe :3

Post by Shangri-La on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Here is Artemis (black silver mackerel tabby), her father whom I took in at the age of 2 y-o, for his retirement ^^ :

(Lion's paws !)

His perfect eyeliner ^^

Here you might see his mane (in winter only)

Artemis is the opposite of Fanélia =) He's very soft and quiet. He needs to be in contact with me and even if he's a dominant cat, he never fights against other cats. He just sit upon them and wait until they give up their seat to him Laughing
    Shangri-La
    Newborn
    Newborn

Post by Shangri-La on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Now about horses :

Valefore d'Aeria, my pride, my perfection, my incredible piebald KWPN mare :

She has a quite sad story Sad

I fell in love with her in an announcement but she was too far and I couldn't cross all my country to reach the Nederlands and meet her... She was 20 months old and I bought her by the Internet... as one could do for clothes or a pair of shoes Embarassed I'm really ashamed of that.

The carrier fetched her in Holland and the travel lasted two days from that country to Brittany.

When she arrived in Brittany, I met a terrified, manhandled and beaten young mare... At the age of 20 months, she wasn't weaned of her mother nor used to the basic grooming. She was violently extracted from the herd and calmed down with a tranquilliser gun. She had marks on the head... The poor mare was terrorized and totally wild... It took me more than a year to make her forget all those bad memories...

Today, she's 3,5 years old and she lives in a meadown summer and winter alike ^^ She's still barefoot, the cold winter is not a problem for her and she has an iron constitution! Factual evidence that sport horses can live outside ^^ (Her elder sister is treated like a "classical" sport horse, everyday in a box with a cover when it's a windy/rainy/snowy day... and she's accumulating health problems)

I'll begin to ride her next year; at the age of 4, her back will be more strengthened.

My aim is to do jumping without a bit in her mouth =) I don't know about United Kingdom, but the bitless in French jumping or dressage is uncommon. So I'd just like to show people that even a warmblood sport horse can be ridden without a bit.

Last edited by Shangri-La on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shangri-La
    Newborn
    Newborn

Post by Shangri-La on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 pm

And the last one, my little "Black Beauty", Zaccharie de la Mallée Z, a Zangersheide foal ^^ :

gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I think you have a lovely tribe...the cats are beautiful and look very contented. Artemis is So handsome. Please to read that you have managed to get the trust of the poor piebald horse. So sad, but at least she has a kind home now. It seems as though you have your hands quite full already
    Thank you for sharing..........
    yarrum
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by yarrum on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Stunning pics of beautiful animals the cats are so cute and I have horses and of course the piebald is my favorite as opposed to the warm blood my piebald is a welsh cob, big hairy and chunky, he drives as well, my Arab x is a different story flighty and spoiled but very gentle, then my daughters old pony 26yrs old a welsh pony, she drives and a little rescue shetland that we have had for 15yrs now and he rides and drives as well along with two utes and a selection of poultry, continental, lops and lionhead rabbits topped off with a crabbit parrot lol
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 am

Oh they are all stunning, love your little filly,I miss my horses so much, but not allowed to ride anymore and let my mare go to an adoptive home where she would live her life out in safety. Lots of Utonagan people have horses, they seem to go together somehow Laughing
    When I was getting tripe at my petshop the other day he showed me some british shorthair kittens that he breeds, and I really fell for one, a little girl who was very deep black/brown with a red (almost scarlet) stripe in her. I was so tempted, but have got puppies in 2 weeks and that is enough stress for now Laughing

Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Awfal on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 am

Puppies!!! OOOOO ... PUPPIES!! June, I had no idea. I have been out of things for ages and not been on this site for yonks. Got myself embroiled in a really nasty row on Dogsey ... when will I ever learn, plus lots of personal problems, work problems, the list goes on!!

Is it Lona or Cariad?? Who's the Dad?? Will this be your last litter (after all, you're knocking on a bit now, you should be putting your feet up in front of the fire with a good book and a cup of cocoa!!
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 2715
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by Brandykins on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 am

Oh I just adore those cats! I love cats so much. Love the wee white one, so very cute - and those big blue eyes, wonderful! The other one as well is full of character with a beautiful coat.

Lovely horses as well.

Many thanks for sharing them - hugs please to those gorgeous wee kitties:)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:56 am