THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
My Two Parrots:) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
My Two Parrots:) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
My Two Parrots:) EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
My Two Parrots:) EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
My Two Parrots:) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
My Two Parrots:) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
My Two Parrots:) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
My Two Parrots:) EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
My Two Parrots:) EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

4 posters

My Two Parrots:)

Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 2715
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

My Two Parrots:) Empty My Two Parrots:)

Post by Brandykins Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this and if it is in the wrong place, could Admin shift it please:) (sorry!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IieaPPO3stg

Please excuse Soochie's naughty language! Don't know where she picked that up from Embarassed but she does have my Glasgow accent!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

My Two Parrots:) Empty Re: My Two Parrots:)

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Hiya Rose
    We have an 'Other Pets and Animals' section, shall I move it to that?? Very Happy
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brandykins Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh yes please:) I hadn't notice that thread! Need new specs!!

Hugs to your beautiful dogs and hope they are doing well - you as well:)

Take care!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 am

That parrot is amazing!

Me and the missus had to keep playing it back, so funny....and with the local accent as well.....
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brandykins Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 am

Oh Soochie is a right wee blether! Has my Glasgow accent!! She sings as well - Rose, Rose ah luv ye (in Glasgow slang) also, You are my sunshine!! She gives PJ a row and asks Loki if she wants to play ball and Loki goes and gets her ball and takes it up to her cage!! When I come back from taking Loki walkies, Soochie will say, did you enjoy your walk!! She is very quick and very talented and I never feel alone!!

Glad you and your wife liked the clip:)

Take care:)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 am

That is just brilliant!!

I noticed that not many had viewed Soochie on you tube, I reckon if you posted a link on a large forum say in the pets section of http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=198 or such like she would end up very popular celebrity parrot....
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 am

It really is absolutely incredible how brilliant African Greys are at mimicry - not just copying, but actually getting the tone and accents right as well.

Soochie has his master's Glasgie accent off to a t ! It really is extraordinary. We had a female African Grey called Mollie 20 years ago. She was a feather plucker unfortunately, so was as bald as a coot except for her head, but she was the most amazing talker. She had the run of the house. She had a lovely large cage exactly like Soochie's, which was never closed. She would copy my voice perfectly, and then speak in Mike's Hampshire accent. She would sing pop songs that she had heard on the radio, she would copy the stressy whimbrely noise that my GSP, Lizzie, used to make, she would mimic the squeaky kitchen door, she would copy the various noises of the geese and ducks that we kept on the pond in the garden. She would mimic the wild geese that flew overhead to get to the marshes. She was the most amazing bird, and I loved her to bits.

Soochie is absolutely gorgeous and brilliant!
    arcticwolf
    arcticwolf
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by arcticwolf Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 am

the video is brilliant, they are fascinating to watch
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brandykins Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm

jamesp wrote:That is just brilliant!!

I noticed that not many had viewed Soochie on you tube, I reckon if you posted a link on a large forum say in the pets section of http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=198 or such like she would end up very popular celebrity parrot....

Many thanks, James, for the link - I may just try it:)

Awfal wrote:It really is absolutely incredible how brilliant African Greys are at mimicry - not just copying, but actually getting the tone and accents right as well.

Soochie has his master's Glasgie accent off to a t ! It really is extraordinary. We had a female African Grey called Mollie 20 years ago. She was a feather plucker unfortunately, so was as bald as a coot except for her head, but she was the most amazing talker. She had the run of the house. She had a lovely large cage exactly like Soochie's, which was never closed. She would copy my voice perfectly, and then speak in Mike's Hampshire accent. She would sing pop songs that she had heard on the radio, she would copy the stressy whimbrely noise that my GSP, Lizzie, used to make, she would mimic the squeaky kitchen door, she would copy the various noises of the geese and ducks that we kept on the pond in the garden. She would mimic the wild geese that flew overhead to get to the marshes. She was the most amazing bird, and I loved her to bits.

Soochie is absolutely gorgeous and brilliant!

Aw thank you, Awful! I love African Greys - they are very wise. My first parrot was a grey and he was brilliant! Actually, Soochie is a male (don't laugh) but when I got "her" I started to call her Peter (the name of my first parrot) and thought the only way I could stop it was refer to her as a "she"!! Her certificate has "her" as a male though!! I feel sorry at times for PJ (the Panama Amazon) as Soochie tends to be bossy - can't let the two out together - they fight!! Loki loves both of them.

My first parrot, Peter, was lovely and he would sing as well! He would shout at me "Rose come here"!! Or, Rose, I want a kiss" - in my Glasgow accent as well!!

Thanks again, Awful, hope you are hail and hearty!

arcticwolf wrote:the video is brilliant, they are fascinating to watch

Many thanks, AW, they are indeed fascinating - when it becomes dark, Soochie will say "put on the lights"!! I love both parrots. PJ is a gentle parrot - Soochie is cheeky!!

Take care:)
    arcticwolf
    arcticwolf
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by arcticwolf Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:38 am

my daughter has an African grey 'Nobby' he is brilliant, but he senses any attempt to film him, and then refuses to co-operate. My daughter re-homed him as his previous owner had asthma, so as well as chatting, whistling singing, and telephone noises, he also does asthma coughing and wheezing
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brandykins Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:03 am

Aw they are brilliant, AW:) I had one before and he was 39 when he died in my hands! He had a tumour in his throat!

It was my friend who set up my video cam and left it on the mantelpiece. We didn't stay in the living room and left both Soochie and PJ in the living room. Neither Soochie, or PJ bothered about the video camera as we weren't there filming them!! Perhaps your daughter could try that?

I love African Greys. Soochie is a right wee sook-ma-toorie!!

Take care.
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 am

We had a creaky door where we lived in a converted cow barn on the Wirral. Mollie would copy that sound exactly ... sometimes all night long. It would drive us insane! The dog we had at that time, Lizzie, a mad GSP, was terrified of Mollie! Mollie ruled the roost. She would stalk in a very purposeful fashion around the barn - she had no feathers, so she couldn't fly - and would always claim the warmest spot in front of the fire. She was such a character, but a complete bitch. Male AG's are so much nicer!
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brandykins Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 pm

PJ copies the phone but Soochie will say "Hello" when it rings and she seems to sense when I am finishing the call because she will say "right then" - and that is what I usually say at the end!! She will say cheers as well when I hang up - or, take care!! It is amazing how birds remember things but it is word association that they do it. Sometimes I wonder if Soochie was here as someone else though in another life!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content