THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

Ute show dog types and

Chilli
    Chilli
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Number of posts : 516
    Registration date : 2008-10-07

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ute show dog types and

Post by Chilli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 am

wolfboy wrote:Thanks for that, I was honestly just interested to know, I like to pick up as much as I can, never stop learning do we Wink thankyou

I know you are Rob.. Asking questions is how we all learn Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .. You keep asking the question & you won't go wrong.
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1101
    Registration date : 2010-05-17

Post by wolfboy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:26 am

Do you think then that storms condition had anything to do with genetics? Have any of his offspring had any similar experiences?
    Chilli
    Chilli
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Chilli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:33 am

Storms condition had nothing to do with genetics. Most people know I love to learn about genetics & have studied many things. it's just like in humans who are alergic to certain foods, nuts being most common.

I'm happy to answer any question you may have about Strom or give you my view on certain genetics. But this is deflecting from Lyn's wonderful thread. If you wish to start a new thread I'm sure we'll all be happy to answer Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1101
    Registration date : 2010-05-17

Post by wolfboy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:38 am

Embarassed sorry chuck, I'll start a new thread in future
    Chilli
    Chilli
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Chilli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:38 am

keeper wrote:
    wolfboy wrote:haha lol, is it easy to tell markings and things then lyn? because Ive struggled looking at puppy pics to picture the adults markings, like masks etc

The Ink Marked ones are the best for changing Rob, I might get them done today as it is beating down with rain here so cannot do much outside. Inkie pups as we call them start off with markings or not as the case maybe and the ones with markings can sometime lead to them emergeing into bigger ones[ a bit like dot to dot puzzles] and the ones who are born white often have markings or gingery points and when really old can go completly apricot like my Hanuka. However as a breeder that tells me that they are carrying red and red is a dilutent of black hence when Hanuka was put tp Bleddyn she had a complete litter of b/silvers but everyone else thought she would have Inkies or whites. I absolutely adore this breed, can you tell Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!

Oh I missed this.. How right you are, ink Marks are another league Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .. I adore Ink marks Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    Chilli
    Chilli
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Chilli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 am

wolfboy wrote: Embarassed sorry chuck, I'll start a new thread in future

Don't be sorry Rob.. It's just that so many threads get side tracked & never get to the end of what gets started..
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Awfal on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:11 am

Lovely picture of Hal in there Lyn !! We have got his son, Ben (formerly Henry) staying with us at the moment. Ben is out of Skye, and my word he is like his dad. Likes to drink only from the lavatories, doesn't like to eat his pureed veg, very fussy eater, aloof, totally disobedient, likes to run out of the house down the lane winding up all the dogs as he goes, and then sits back and watches the fun of everyone shouting at their dogs! Hates being groomed, hates cats, daughter's cat Winkle is now living in danger of her life having been trapped under the chairs in the conservatory and is too scared to come out! He's peed on the Coalbrookdale, his father's favourite party trick, and all but ate Gucci when he had the temerity to lick his bone! All in less than 24 hours !!

THAT'S MY BOY'S BOY !!!
    Chilli
    Chilli
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Chilli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:36 am

Admin wrote:Just an afterthought, looking at Hanuka say, or Tim, neither of them ticked the boxes on our present day standard, in fact there was no standard then, but look what they have contributed, their progeny have become the dogs we have today and will be the ancestors of the dogs we have tomorrow, it is about the vision and the achievement of that vision, nothing and no one is perfect.
    Exactly. This is what I've been trying to say. You put it so much better June Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

So What is the point in having a standard? Why not have it as a standard we're trying to achieve/aiming for? Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    Muddiwarx
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by Muddiwarx on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:45 am

What does "Ink markes are classed" mean in the standard please?

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:48 am

Here are the Black and Silvers both males and females are shown here as are both coat types and varying ages.

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Picture140-1-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Picture072-1-1-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 P1010011-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Norty_girls_2-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Mookie-1-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Mosseyhead-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 DSCN21281-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 LonainMay2010-1-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Little_cam_0251-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Ulahinfield

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Flowhead-1-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Kinlezigzag-1-1

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 DSC_0176

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Mia_shadow1-2-1

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:56 am

Muddiwarx wrote:What does "Ink markes are classed" mean in the standard please?

Ink marks are judged as per standard But they must have a full mask or an even symetrical mask.

Chilli, I am confused confused are you saying it should be a free for all and have no standard because they are not recognised ?

gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:57 am

Rob....Maska was cream coloured when we got him,apart from his face and his hair was likes sheeps wool. I remember Lyn saying he would be grey coloured but I just thought she had spent too much time in those Welsh mountains......lol
    I could not believe he would ever have any grey on him but was wrong as usual.

The dog in the picture under Maska's is stunning...I love his colouring
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 am

Jan, you posted whilst I was have a reshuffle, I can't move your post to where the rest of the topic has been split to, can you repost on there confused confused confused

Chilli
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Chilli on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 am

No problem June Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    Muddiwarx
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by Muddiwarx on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:21 am

keeper wrote:
    Muddiwarx wrote:What does "Ink marks are classed" mean in the standard please?

Ink marks are judged as per standard But they must have a full mask or an even symetrical mask.

Are they as "desirable" as the wolfier colours or something breeders should aim to avoid? Only interested as obviously O have no plan to breed them (or anything LOL), just I always liked them very much and was under the (wrong?) impression that they weren't so desirable Smile

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:04 am

Muddiwarx wrote:
    keeper wrote:
    Muddiwarx wrote:What does "Ink marks are classed" mean in the standard please?

Are they as "desirable" as the wolfier colours or something breeders should aim to avoid? Only interested as obviously O have no plan to breed them (or anything LOL), just I always liked them very much and was under the (wrong?) impression that they weren't so desirable Smile

A very good question , thankyou for asking. I will answer as best as I can. In the days of the original Utonagan socitey run by Jan Farrington and co it was decided that Ink marks and patches where to be made undesirable and should not be bred from but that I was excempt because she wanted one of my pups and thought that I would not let her have one if she excluded my Inca. I did not learn of this untill moons later, funny thing is I was not even a member untill years later, by which time my ink mark had produced pups and in her second and third litter to Bleddyn had solid colours. What really got my goat about inkies is that all though they classed them as undesired they still sold them at full price saying that they are still pure Ute's, owners quite rightly started to question this practise[I always sold mine cheaper].I looked into seeing if there where such a thing as a spotted wolf and I did find a wolf/ wolves with a white base, grey mask and a faint saddle or faint markings on the body[ not ink marked as such but something a tad near to it], they were beautiful. I wanted to consentrate on breeding that type but everyone had been brain washed and no other breeders wanted to breed them through fear of ridicule and being unable to sell them. Good Inkies with good markings are hard to find let alone finding the lines that are compatible, besides that many breeders do not want to put in the time and effort. I always have kept my eyes and ears open for really good inkies. We as a small group of breeders have broken away from the seekers of fame and fortune for what we see as the betterment of the dogs and in doing so several of us found out that we were inkie fans and that is why they are included in the standard. It will probably take years before they will come close to looking like the pic's we have seen but I think it is acheiveable if taken seriously. Glad you like them too lol!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:56 am

Just thought I would add to the black and silver part of this thread before Lyn goes onto the inkies Very Happy

Here are some piccies of Lona when she was a baby Nortie, you can see how solid her black was and how she has gradually acquired the silver undercoat over the years by looking at the piccies of her that Lyn has put up on this thread

LONA 14 WEEKS

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 CariadMealona14weeks-1-1
    Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 FootieAnyone-1-1

LONA 16 WEEKS

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Maelona4months-1

MAELONA 5 MONTHS

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Peep-oh-1
    Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 MaelonaMay2006

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 am

Before I do the next bit I thought I would share this picture with you all, I have had it so long I cannot remember how or when I got it scratch but it was when I saw this pic that I knew where I wanted to go regards the rough coats/black and silvers. I think it is a fab pic. See what you guy's think Smile

Ute show dog types and  - Page 2 Andmilestogo_wolves1-1
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 am

Oooh I love the mix of colours, that is why I love these dogs so much, the variation in colour and coat, plus their good looks and personality of course Very Happy Very Happy

Jazz
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1484
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Jazz on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 am

absolutely fab piccies lyn and june!
    I just adore that wolfie pic lyn Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 am

Very Happy Very Happy all you can see of Lona's face in her early piccies are 2 silver eyebrows and a long pink tongue Very Happy Very Happy

Jazz
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1484
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Jazz on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 am

but doesn't she look happy and cute! Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:35 am

Yes she was a little love, as she is now, got her own ideas on things and how they should be done, and likes to do things the right way.
    My friend Jackie lent me Kayda's old flyball harness to try on the girlies as she has a friend that makes them, soooo I tried it on them yesterday....

Cariad was like, OMG do I look pretty in this, does it suit me, what colours do they come in??

Lona was....What the flaming heck are you putting on me now, why aren't we going a walk like we should be doing, why do I have to put my feet in it, hurry up fastening it will you, right it's too small, take it off, and lets go

I have ordered the next size up in pink and black (for Lona) and black and pink (for Cariad)

God help me when I introduce Lona to the harness and the bike Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    Hours of fun I think lol! lol! lol! and that's only the bit where she finds out she will be connected to the bike and expected to run alongside lol! lol! lol!

yarrum
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by yarrum on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:54 am

Luv the wolf pic Lyn.
    June can't wait to hear of ur adventures with the Nortie bikers lol, just a wee thought are u anywhere near an A-E DEPT LOL LOL
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:47 am

A&E not that far away, I daresay we will be passing it at the speed of sound not too far into the future Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 pm