THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Attention !! EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Attention !! EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Attention !! EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Attention !! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Attention !! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Attention !! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Attention !! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Attention !! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Attention !! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

5 posters

Attention !!

down Attention !!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:39 am

Sad Sad I was sad, angry, lost for words and at a loss as to why people some times do what they do.
    I spoke to Natural Instincts about my order this morning only to learn that they were having a bad day/few days ? One of their customers had given their dog some of their raw minced product and there was a un minced piece of bone in it. The dog nearly choked on it ( I don't know all the details so I have to be careful ) and the owner I believe has gone way out of her way to discredit them, posting on forums, Face Book and the press.
    Over the last 6 months I have had in depth conversations about their products, how it is made/butchered. They have always been open, friendly and very knowledgeable regarding raw feeding and the nutritional needs of both dogs and cats, nothing is too much trouble for them. They have worked extremely hard to build up their small family businesses, they are good professional people, David is a well respected holistic Vet.
    For one, I just want to have a rant but more importantly I want to re illiterate that if you RAW FEED that there is always a risk regarding BONES, no matter WHO the SUPPLIER IS there is always a RISK that a piece of BONE can get through ( just like there is a risk of us choking on a bone from a piece of pre packed fillet of fish that has had BONES removed, look how many times the queen mum choked on them ), I always check mine if minced before giving to my dogs, just COMMON SENSE really. What I can't get my head around is how anyone who raw feeds can't foresee the potential hazard No it goes with the territory. I for one would hate to lose them as my supplier, I cannot rate them highly enough. They do not deserve all this bad press, I recommend them all the time and to everyone.
    I would just like to ask that if anyone on here uses them ( and I know some of you do ) could you continue to support them by putting a post up on any forums or on FB to let others know how pleased you are with them and their products. Like I said, I would hate to lose them after finally finding the best raw food I have ever used and I have been RAW feeding for 5 generations ( pups included ) over 16yrs.
    I am in no way dismissing the poor dog that nearly choked nor what the owner must have felt and I definitely know that Natural Instincts hasn't either, I know for fact they are very upset that it has happened and are doing all they can to prevent it from happening again.

Here! here for Natural Instincts cheers cheers Long may they continue cheers
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

down Re: Attention !!

Post by gbjoce Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:52 am

I will see what I can find on Facebook and post something in support of them
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:03 am

Can't find anything on Facebook or by doing a Google search.
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:12 am

Found this on their latest e mail...Tripe & Turkey
    We have had a complaint made recently about the larger bone pieces in one of our Turkey and Tripe batches. The customer is very dissatisfied and despite our best endeavours to deal with her concerns, she has posted a warning on PetsForum.co.uk about the alleged dangers of our products. Understandably we are extremely upset by this as we pride ourselves on having an open and honest relationship with our customers and we deal with any issues as quickly and fairly as possible. Therefore if any of you have experienced any problems with a batch of this product dated 20-7-11 (printed on the side of the tubs) or have concerns that the bone may be too large for your dog please contact us as we are more than happy to replace the food.
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:22 am

they have always been very friendly and helpful, and anyone knows to check any food you give the dogs raw or not, as when had dog come that have been on dry dog food i have found plastic, stones even coins in the bag etc etc.
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:52 am

Have looked on PetsForum.co.uk and I have not been able to find her post. I had intended to reply to her. If anyone comes across it, let me know Smile

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks guy's lol! I just feel that they do their up most to please their customers and they are so genuine and their products are so good. Talking of which, has anybody tried their turkey breasts ? If you haven't you must ( they are for mainly for large dogs ), they are brilliant, loads of meat, in fact I think it is the entire breast ( from small turkey's that is ). Feed them part frozen and it lasts longer. My dogs love them. I mentioned today about cows udders so they are going to look into it.
    Thanks again XX
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Admin Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Well how stupid can anyone be - fancy finding a bone in RAW meat Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I don't think anyone in the real world would be surprised at that. I will keep my eye open on Britbarf to see if they come on there with anything, although to be honest I think they would be put very firmly in their place. I know how hard Natural Instincts work on their products, I could understand someone complaining if they had found stones or something in their product, but really it is par for the course and I would expect any raw feeder to know and understand this. Sounds to me like they are just looking to make trouble at any cost.
    The turkey breast sounds good Lyn, how much is it? Not sure about cow's udder, I can see it would be a good thing to feed, but don't know if I can get my head round it.
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 pm

funny joce i couldnt find anything on petform last night was going to do the same Very Happy Very Happy
    Geri
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2010-11-13

Post by Geri Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm

I dont use this raw feeder but I will say that I have noticed on a lot of GSD forums that more & more people are asking about raw feeding & this name has been recommended many times . I think a lot of ppl that are just new to raw feeding think everything is done & checked & dont really think of checking it . I always say when they are feeding fish they need to make sure they have been boned as this is the one that scares me x If I see any negative posts I will pipe up xxx
    Blitzen
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Post by Blitzen Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:09 am

I've been using this supplier for a while now, and you are right, nothing is too much trouble for them so far as accomodating their customers, and the meat itself always smells fresh and is well packaged. Which is more than can be said for some other companies I have used in the past.

Of course there will be the odd boney bit in raw meat! Anyway, it sounds like there was no harm done as the dog NEARLY choked. There are risks with raw as with any diet and when you feed it you accept them.

I have to say that if I found a boney bit it the meat - as long as it wasn't sharp - I would still give it to the dogs - they have teeth for chewing after all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:41 pm