THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+5
Lyn
gbjoce
Geri
kachinas
Admin
9 posters

Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

thumbs Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen

Post by Admin Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Lona surprised me on Monday 30 January by giving birth to 12 babies. Their due date was 1-3rd February, so although I knew the birth was imminent, I did not quite realise HOW imminent Laughing She had a large breakfast, and I put her outside with Cariad for an hour or so, where I found her with 3 puppies Shocked when I went to take her for a walk round. She had given absolutely no sign at all of being ready to do anything anytime soon Laughing Laughing
    Got her back into the kitchen onto her bed, old sheet under her, Cariad in hot pursuit, where all 3 of us then spent the rest of the day delivering babies, I kept thinking she had finished, then another one popped out, ended up with 12 around 2am. Mother and babies been vet checked and all is well. Everyone doing fine, she is coping well with all 12, has a system worked out (that's my Lona, totally organised)there are 8 girls and 4 boys, I have 2 inkie girls as well lol! During the time she was delivering babies she was also finding the time to eat and never missed a meal Laughing Laughing
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_1-2
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_2-2
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_3-3
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_4-2
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_5-2

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702

thumbs Re: Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen

Post by kachinas Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Wow! they even come with donehogawa.com writin on them! how clever is that!? lol!

Seriously, they look lovely Smile x x x
    Geri
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2010-11-13

Post by Geri Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:01 pm

awww they are so sweet x x Lona has done well xx x x x
    Good boy stormy x x x x
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 pm

What a lovely bunch of.....puppies:) Well done to mum, sister and you Smile

Dad of course as well...Smile
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Number of posts : 673
    Registration date : 2012-01-01

Post by Lyn Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Well done Loner/Storm and June/Chilli Smile xxx
    mympr02
    mympr02
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2010-03-08

Post by mympr02 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:38 am

Seff says way to go Mum and Dad good lad LOL .
    Seff wants to know how does Mum do it he says he knows he was a hand full when he was a little one .
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 am

Seff, Blaidd and Ciqala were so alike I called them the cadbury brothers, they are all handsome boys now, and I hope their new brothers and sisters take note Laughing Lona is so well organised, she is like that in her daily life as well, she has got them all on a rota, and Cariad helps, I keep leaving stuff out to defrost, and then finding Cariad has fed Lona, the day the puppies were being born I found 2 bananas tucked up with Lona, then 2 lots of pet mince were fed to her, later on I found a packet of cheesy dog treats in her bed with her Laughing I am having to put everything in the bottom oven or the microwave to defrost, otherwise Cariad takes it as her duty to make sure her sister doesn't go hungry!!!!
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 am

Aww bless her how clever is that? Cariad is such a careing sister! I love you
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 2715
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by Brandykins Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 am

Aw June they are absolutely beautiful! What a handful - Lona must be so very proud of them and well done to Lona and to the Daddy as well.

How clever is that - Cariad doing that for her sister, bless her! What a clever lass she is.

Looking forward to seeing more piccies of them as they get bigger!

Many thanks for sharing.

Take care and hugs to Lona and Cariad as well.

xx
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 am

O bless the dear sweet little treasures, babies of the gorgeous Maelona (my favourite between the two Norty sisters, but please don't tell her June!) ... eater of my favourite Converse Trainers!!

She's done you proud June, bless their little hearts, they are gorgeous. And what a couple of midwives she had!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 am

It was Cariad who ate your Converse Trainers you daft bint Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:27 am

How sweet that Cariad looks after her sister so well. I'm amazed she gives it to her sister and does not scoff it for herself!!

Bet Mia would not do that. It is Maska that does all the licking, washing her ears etc...she does nothing back!! Then again'''he licks us and she does not do it so much.....But maybe if pups were involved it would be different.....
    How are you coping??
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 am

Now is relatively easy, you just feed mum and keep them on clean vetbed and clean sheets. They will start climbing out of the crate soon and squeaking because they don't know where they are and their eyes aren't open....so you build your First Barricade. Then their eyes open pale pale pale then they start toddling affraid affraid then you know you can't cope - that was with 8 - no idea what 12 will be like geek geek

Geri
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2010-11-13

Post by Geri Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:05 pm

I dont know why you dont write a diary of the puppies you caould make it a comedy or do it as a childrens story xx xx xx
    With al the antics of these dogs it would be a best seller x
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 pm

The funniest bit is changing the bedding, all puppies go in a box with a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel, Lona gets out of the crate and goes to them, I take the bedding out, Lona is by then trying to climb up my back/shoulder me to one side putting her puppies back, I am trying to get fresh vet bed and sheets down whilst stopping her, I have got paw shaped bruises on me where she has stood on me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil then I let her in, and she stands and counts the puppies as I put them back, she gets everyone settled in the order she wants, glares at me, and lies down, I meekly go and fill a fresh hot water bottle, tuck it in, and prepare her next meal lol!
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm

You must stop getting in her way June!! I'm sure if you just left them to it, Cariad and Lona could sort out the washing, changing the vet bed etc for themselves!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Phew Shocked Shocked just (barely) survived another round of bed changing, Cariad rattling the baby gate to get to the babies, Lona trying to put the babies in before I had even got the old bedding out, it ended up with the water dish all over the floor..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad they all ended up getting told off, so it went quiet for all of - oooooh - 1 minute - then off it started again. All clean and back in their places now, Cariad washing puppies that weren't feeding, she has also given Lona a quick wash and brush up. I have managed to saw wood, get more washing in the machine, bag some wet sheets up to go on Jackie's line. The sheets I put on her line the other day were frozen stiff, so Andy has taken them in and dried them on their radiators and they are all folded ready for me, he didn't iron them though Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now I need to mop the kitchen floor. I 'only' have 2 large pieces of vet bed and 3 sheets to wash now, a doddle lol! lol! they are only 4 days old, I fear the worst Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm

I feel tired just reading it June...and think what 'fun' you have to come when the little darlingsget moving more.... affraid What a Face pale Good job there is only 12 of them lol.........
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 2715
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by Brandykins Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm fair exhausted reading what you have had to do so far, June!! Hard work (isn't easy)!! Worth it though to see them all lovely and clean. Cariad is a great help to Lona as well, bless her.

kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Admin wrote:Phew Shocked Shocked just (barely) survived another round of bed changing, Cariad rattling the baby gate to get to the babies, Lona trying to put the babies in before I had even got the old bedding out, it ended up with the water dish all over the floor..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad they all ended up getting told off, so it went quiet for all of - oooooh - 1 minute - then off it started again. All clean and back in their places now, Cariad washing puppies that weren't feeding, she has also given Lona a quick wash and brush up. I have managed to saw wood, get more washing in the machine, bag some wet sheets up to go on Jackie's line. The sheets I put on her line the other day were frozen stiff, so Andy has taken them in and dried them on their radiators and they are all folded ready for me, he didn't iron them though Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now I need to mop the kitchen floor. I 'only' have 2 large pieces of vet bed and 3 sheets to wash now, a doddle lol! lol! they are only 4 days old, I fear the worst Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

lol! lol! OOhhh! I know just how you feel! my washer and dryer are on all day every day now! I don't like letting them out for long when it's this cold, especially when the sun has gone down, far too cold! so in the evening they have full run of the kitchen, untill I need it again, then they get sectioned to the corner! lol I'm now resolved to climing over the baby gate as they are getting savvy about when it is being opened! Rolling Eyes lol
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Number of posts : 673
    Registration date : 2012-01-01

Post by Lyn Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 am

OOhhh! I know just how you feel! my washer and
    dryer are on all day every day now! I don't like letting them out for
    long when it's this cold, especially when the sun has gone down, far too
    cold! so in the evening they have full run of the kitchen, untill I
    need it again, then they get sectioned to the corner! lol I'm now
    resolved to climing over the baby gate as they are getting savvy about
    when it is being opened! Rolling Eyes lol Unquote

Laughing Laughing Laughing I know the feeling too Karen but they are worth it, I remember when my Totsi and Harrison had 10, that was fun but tiring, you some how develop a system and you get through it.xxxx
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:02 am

Just got back from doing some more clearing of Mum's flat then went to the funeral directors to sign forms, he asked what clothes she was going to be wearing....oh dear Embarassed Embarassed ...... cleared all clothes out and took to charity shops, never thought of that one. So she will be wearing one of their gowns, I feel bad, but never gave that one a thought.
    Anyhow, am in the kitchen directing toilet traffic, Cariad outside at the back, before Lona goes through to the front for a wee, because Cariad is not allowed near the pups unless under Lona's supervision Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Lona will not go outside for a wee unless Cariad is outside at the back, or behind the baby gate in the utility, however Cariad can now get out of said babygate, and that leads to fractiousness. Soooo put Cariad out the back, go in to bring Lona through the front and I notice there is a puppy on the kitchen floor..... Shocked it is Ms Squawker from this morning, how did I know she would be The One eh, so First Barricade is now up to stop any other would be climbers attempting it, well for a while at least.
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:07 am

Admin wrote:Just got back from doing some more clearing of Mum's flat then went to the funeral directors to sign forms, he asked what clothes she was going to be wearing....oh dear Embarassed Embarassed ...... cleared all clothes out and took to charity shops, never thought of that one. So she will be wearing one of their gowns, I feel bad, but never gave that one a thought.
    Anyhow, am in the kitchen directing toilet traffic, Cariad outside at the back, before Lona goes through to the front for a wee, because Cariad is not allowed near the pups unless under Lona's supervision Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Lona will not go outside for a wee unless Cariad is outside at the back, or behind the baby gate in the utility, however Cariad can now get out of said babygate, and that leads to fractiousness. Soooo put Cariad out the back, go in to bring Lona through the front and I notice there is a puppy on the kitchen floor..... Shocked it is Ms Squawker from this morning, how did I know she would be The One eh, so First Barricade is now up to stop any other would be climbers attempting it, well for a while at least.

lol! lol! My two escape artists are now climbing a 3ft fence! affraid So you better start building now! Rolling Eyes
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 am

Blaidd used to do that, he was a nightmare, you couldn't keep in somewhere he didn't want to be, Zillar was containable until she discovered jumping, then that was it, she sailed over everything I put in her path Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
    This little girl is 5 days old, and she is already finding her way out, not a good omen for the next few months is it lol! lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 am

Here are some I took once I got the camera up and running, there are a few more to download as yet Laughing

Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_9-2
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_10-2
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_11-4
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_12-2
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_14-1
    Storm and Lona's Dirty Dozen Image_15-2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 am