THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Nice walks/locations EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Nice walks/locations EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Nice walks/locations EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Nice walks/locations EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Nice walks/locations EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Nice walks/locations EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Nice walks/locations EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Nice walks/locations EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Nice walks/locations EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+2
Brandykins
wolfboy
6 posters

Nice walks/locations

wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1101
    Registration date : 2010-05-17

Nice walks/locations Empty Nice walks/locations

Post by wolfboy Wed May 19, 2010 4:47 am

After much deliberation Wink
    I thought why dont we have a thread about any nice locations we have in our vicinity, ie. woodland, streams etc.
    the best people to know our own areas are us ourselves, and so someone could think well im going to such and such area, wheres nice walks nearby.
    Just a thought, please comment and let me know what you think
    rob
    Brandykins
    Brandykins
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 2715
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Nice walks/locations Empty Re: Nice walks/locations

Post by Brandykins Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 am

I go to Lochwinnoch a lot - to the RSPB Nature Reserve and was there again today - it is beautiful there, walking thru' the woodland path with one of the lochs (Meadow loch) at the left hand side. Swans and ducks in it and at the moment there are a couple of Great Crested Grebes on the loch. With all the birds chirping from the trees! Beautiful.

Then the walk to the main loch, about a mile away, is lovely. I did both walks today with Loki - Meadow Loch first and then onto Castle Semple the big one!

There are also lovely walks up the braes but I don't walk Loki up there as the council widened the road and by doing that, they took away the grass verges, which mean the road is not safe. I do go up though if Grant comes and takes us and then I can take her a lovely walk to the water works there, which is another lovely place.

What about you, WB, do you have wooded areas around you?
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Post by gbjoce Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 am

Gosh...there are so many lovely walks around here...too many to mention. Hampshire is a lovely county. I also like the Pub Walks series of books. They do walks from two miles to about seven and the best bit is that they start and finish at a pub!! cyclops
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Awfal Wed May 19, 2010 7:16 am

OH and I used to live in Hampshire! Fab for horse riding and dog walking. Shortly after we adopted Tai, we were staying in a rented cottage near Petersfield, and we biked the whole way down the Meon Valley path from East Meon I think it was to Winchester and back - it was about 40 miles, I was knackered, but Tai loved it! Then there's the Queen Elizabeth Forest near Petersfield, the South Downs Way, Little Switzerland above Petersfield, loads of lovely walks everywhere.

Round here in Northants, we have Bucknell Wood at the back of Towcester, near Silverstone racetrack. Everdon Stubbs near Daventry is lovely, as is Badby Woods. Harlestone Firs on the outskirts of Northampton is pretty good, especially for biking with your dog. Then there's the Brampton Valley railway line from Northampton to Market Harborough and back, that's brilliant but flat and a bit easy. We are spoiled for choice really.
    wolfboy
    wolfboy
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1101
    Registration date : 2010-05-17

Post by wolfboy Wed May 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah I have some nice areas near me rose, Theres Dalby forest fairly well known up here, Danes Dyke which is a large ravine with a river running through and forests around it, both stunning places to spend a day walking through.
    Thanks for all the replies guys, hopefully june will notice and deem it worthy of a permanent thread lol Wink
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Nice walks/locations Empty We have swapped areas.....

Post by gbjoce Wed May 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Awfal wrote:OH and I used to live in Hampshire! Fab for horse riding and dog walking. Shortly after we adopted Tai, we were staying in a rented cottage near Petersfield, and we biked the whole way down the Meon Valley path from East Meon I think it was to Winchester and back - it was about 40 miles, I was knackered, but Tai loved it! Then there's the Queen Elizabeth Forest near Petersfield, the South Downs Way, Little Switzerland above Petersfield, loads of lovely walks everywhere.

Round here in Northants, we have Bucknell Wood at the back of Towcester, near Silverstone racetrack. Everdon Stubbs near Daventry is lovely, as is Badby Woods. Harlestone Firs on the outskirts of Northampton is pretty good, especially for biking with your dog. Then there's the Brampton Valley railway line from Northampton to Market Harborough and back, that's brilliant but flat and a bit easy. We are spoiled for choice really.

East Meon , Petersfield etc are very close to me and Queen Elizabeth Country Park only about 2 miles away. Funnily, I used to live in Northampton!! Orginally from Newcastle, we moved to Northampton in 1974 and stayed until 1978 when we moved to Hampshire. Sounds mad but I can't remember the name ofthe area we lived in...was only a couple of miles from Kingsthorpe. Harlestone Firs sounds familiar to me so guess we must have gone there
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Awfal Thu May 20, 2010 6:38 am

Well what a small world. Give me Hampshire over Northampton any day ... Northampton is an a***hole of a place, but I have to say the countryside is glorious and some of the Northamptonshire villages are spectacular. We live near to Daventry, and some of the villages round here are as beautiful as those in Cotswolds, without the crowds. A couple of miles from Kingsthorpe could have been Duston? Or Dallington? Or if you are going out into the countryside, the Bramptons? Boughton? Pitsford? Guilsborough? East and West Haddon? The Bringtons?

I still prefer good old Hampshire though!!
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Thu May 20, 2010 8:11 am

No..none of those sound right...I really can't remember. Northampton was quite a nice market town when I first moved there but it changed. Hampshire is lovely but I went back north for the first time in sixteen years last summer and I have to say Northumberland was fab too. Those beaches...with no one on them for a start>>>>Smile
    kevuzo
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by kevuzo Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 pm

gbjoce wrote:...Hampshire is lovely but I went back north for the first time in sixteen years last summer and I have to say Northumberland was fab too. Those beaches...with no one on them for a start>>>>Smile
    I can vouch for those lovely beaches in Northumberland Very Happy We had our static caravan near Bamburgh for a few years and spent many wonderful mornings on that beach. The dogs absolutely loved it Very Happy
    Allyiah
    Allyiah
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2010-10-13

Post by Allyiah Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm

If you're ever in Devon then you are more than spoilt for choices of walks. Head up to Dartmoor though, there is nothing like seeing a Ute galloping around on a more, especially when you get to the rugged stuff. It looks so natural. Other than that I suggest woodland or coastal walks (specific I know, but like I said there are soooo many to choose from). Hope this helps somewhat....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am