THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Petition Against Pet Shop EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+2
Michelle
Admin
6 posters

Petition Against Pet Shop

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Petition Against Pet Shop Empty Petition Against Pet Shop

Post by Admin Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Please sign the petition against Dogs 4 Us

http://www.petitiononline.com/dus1888/petition.html
    Michelle
    Michelle
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 192
    Registration date : 2009-07-31

Petition Against Pet Shop Empty Re: Petition Against Pet Shop

Post by Michelle Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:32 am

Just signed it xx
    tizzy
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by tizzy Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 am

done. I really hate that place. Never been never will. The amount of horror stories my friends friend bought a dog from there )after being advised not to) and it died within a week. thier respose was bring it back here and you can swap it for another. I might add the person had already fallen in love with thier puppy but even if she wanted to take it back it was to ill to be moved from the vets where they were trying to save it. When matt trained dogs he had a client whos dog had to have over 2000 pounds worth of surgery in the first year of its life. But people still go there and buy puppies from them even when you advise them not to and also tell them that they are funding animal cruelty!! Its a quick fix. I want a puppy now and they have 90 percent of the breed you might fancy, come home with one the same day.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:55 am

I went round it once when it was Mayfield Kennels and it was horrific, I left the place in tears. Little puppies in glass fronted rooms lying in pools of vomit and poo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad How they can live with themselves I don't know, how people can take their puppies to them to sell I don't understand. It won't have got any better over the years thats for sure, how they continue to get away with it is beyond me. I do believe they run a boarding kennels as well!!!
    tizzy
    Newborn
    Newborn

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by tizzy Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:13 am

I think your right. I just get sooo mad that people would send the puppies there in the first place. I told someone exactly what i thought when they brought a puppy home from thier after we advised them against it i was a bit of a bitch to be honest i just said why have you done that they are puppy farmed and your funding a puppy farm....no they came from a farm and they were only dropped off that day....(KWHATEVA!!!!) i said what kind of breeder would leave thier puppies to be taken home by complete strangers. You have no idea of the health history of thier parents you dont even know if its pedegree. I said youd best keep an eye on your puppy make sure its ok becuase the amount of horror stories you hear. I was pretty mean to be honest after they have just brought a bundle of fluff home with them im telling them about the puppy that died within a week. but i cant remember how many times i told them what they should look for when gettin a puppy. And the price they paid was rediculous and its not even pedegree. It would have been much cheaper to go to a rescue. I was just soooo mad at them. You end up giving up with people as they do not listen.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:27 am

Soooo breeding them on a farm makes it OK Shocked Shocked What people will fall for eh? Doubt they had ever seen a farm, except maybe a Puppy Farm!!! Poor little mites Crying or Very sad

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:23 am

i visited there once after someone brought in a Westie (to the vets) that they had brought from there. It had a massive tumour protruding from its stomach, ive never seen anything like it, it was just 8 weeks old, i asked them why on earth they had bought this puppy and she told me she was so horrified at
    what she had seen at the kennels she just had to buy it because she felt so sorry for it. I told her that it was a dam stupid idea because she was helping to fund them and she now had a very unhealthy puppy she had fallen in love with that didnt stand a chance of survival anyway. She would have been better off
    pointing it out to them and everyone else who was there at the time. I went to see for myself and i felt sick, i honestly did, it was like a horror story, i had a massive rant at one of the kennel staff who seemed to have not one ounce of intelligence and was holding a dog in the air by its back legs to check if it was
    a girl or boy?!?!?! im not one for violence but ive never been so close to drag this woman kicking and screaming from the place.
    No Mad
    so to conclude, ive signed the petition. cheers
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:41 am

How on earth is this place still trading Shocked Shocked We all know about it, vets know about it, yet still they carry on, amazing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702

Post by kachinas Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:32 am

Admin wrote:How on earth is this place still trading Shocked Shocked We all know about it, vets know about it, yet still they carry on, amazing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Because stupid ;ppeople think they know better and still buy the poor puppies!
    ( I've signed too!) I've never been there, and I didn't know we still had places like that in the UK! Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:23 pm

It is like a puppy supermarket Karen Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad next time you are up here I will take you if you want to see it.
    It doesn't smell or anything and it looks like the pups are kept in clean conditions, but if you know about how the puppies should really look, and the fact that they shouldn't be displayed in glass fronted pens like tinned merchandise, there shouldn't be runny poo and sick, because if there is it means the pups are sick and shouldn't be there, but in a quiet warm place receiving vet care. The poor things have already lost their will to live and their puppy sparkle, if they ever had it in the first place that is Mad Mad

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:47 pm

i would advise taking a hanky for yourself... and a shotgun for the staff! Mad Mad
    its just awful. like you said before what kind of breeder would sell their puppies to such a place, money grabbers! they often have mixed litters in the pens too. so how do you know what your getting? the one from the breeders up the road or the inbred from the alley round the back!! Mad No scratch
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 am

How on earth would they know which was which when it came to pedigrees etc?
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702

Post by kachinas Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 am

They obviously cater for the public that py a puppy on a whim! a case of "I want one and I want it now"! Evil or Very Mad

The sad part is, unless joe public will listen, and then act on the advise, puppy farms and places like this will continue Twisted Evil
    wildfire
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Petition Against Pet Shop Empty vets 4 pets

Post by wildfire Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 am

Mad Mad Mad Mad

Despite responsible programmes on TV, despite the RSPCA and
    other pet charities, this will continue, because people buy with
    their emotions!!

Blackmailed by their children, or family members, off they go
    determined to bring home a puppy/kitten whatever but it has
    to be that same day. As a foster coordinator for the Blue Cross
    I do see at first hand the results of this, cats/kittens abandoned
    coming in with cat flu, pregnant queens, half starved, no medical
    treatment given, or having been bred back-to-back as a money
    making machine, appalling! Its not as though there is not enough
    info around! but the kind of people who end up causing untold
    misery for the animals, are also very unlikely to bother to find
    out what these animals need, and its so easy to just replace the
    unwanted pet!

Of all the species around we are the very worst!! And as for backstreet breeders!!!!
    banshee
    banshee
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2009-08-04

Post by banshee Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:02 am

have signed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content