THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

4 posters

Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :)

gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2009-09-20

Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) Empty Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :)

Post by gbjoce Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Was chatting to mum in the car this morning. Her cleaner was telling her you should never feed your dogs pork, pigs ears etc. She could not remember why.

I don't feed the dogs pork...not sure I have even seen it for sale.I have some memory of Lyn saying she did not feed pork to her dogs..They do have pigs ears though.

Can any one explain to me what is wrong with pork for dogs?

Does that include pigs ears?? If not, why not?

Thank you...Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) Empty Re: Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :)

Post by Admin Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 pm

At one time pork used to harbour tape worm, it doesn't these days. One reason I have heard put forward is that pigs and dogs are related genetically, and there is certainly a lot of anecdotal evidence of pigs being far more intelligent than some dogs. Pork is still regarded as unclean by some religions.
    I know Lyn doesn't feed pork, and it is rare that I do, if you go on Britbarf you will find people who do feed pork, mine get pigs trotters occasionally, and sometimes pigs ears, maybe because the pigs ears aren't raw???? It is also quite fatty, therefore my heffalumps elephant elephant would put even more weight on pig pig
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Number of posts : 673
    Registration date : 2012-01-01

Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :) Empty Re: Pork. Humm says my title is to short so adding this :)

Post by Lyn Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

Pork is not natural to Wolves therefore not natural to dogs. Having said that Wolves will on occasion eat wild boar ( a NATURAL hog/pig ), the meat on a wild boar is so different to our domestic pig. A domestic pig can still harbour tape whether cooked or not hence why some religions ban it. I feed cooked domestic pigs ears when I cannot get cow ears or cattle penises ect. Cow hoofs is another thing that I give. Please remember that some dogs also have a reaction to pork just like some of us humans do,if you do feed pork the best is organic and it must always be fed ultra fresh just like chicken because just like chicken it can go off very quickly. Remember the golden rule when it comes to these two meats " if in doubt, throw it out", beef, lamb, venison, some game birds ripen if they are left, hence why dogs so love to dig up what we would call rotten bones, they are nearly always beef or lamb ones.

Last edited by Lyn on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:05 am

Can understand them being a bit fatty..

I would have thought that pigs were more related to sheep than dogs???...I have no idea about that one really lol

Have seen cooked trotters in the pet shop now I think of it. Maybe it is because of worms and they only sell the cooked form.

Maybe Lyn can tell me why she does not feed it...hint..hint Smile Smile
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:05 am

Must have posted at the same time!!!
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Lyn Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:08 am

gbjoce wrote:Must have posted at the same time!!!

lol! lol! lol! Laughing
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks Lyn..so I guess good fresh pork would be ok unless the dog reacts badly to it. Was not going to start feeding pork , I was just curious why mums cleaner said you must never feed it or pigs ears

I cleared the garden of bones yesterday . Looked out later and Maska had dug up a 'rotten' bone he must have been keeping. Never seen Mia bury or dig up a bone yet. I might look for cow hoof...never tried those for the dogs.

Do cows have a penis Lyn?...they must be different up there in Wales SmileSmile
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Lyn Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! Hee!, hee! I thought I had put my post over quite well until you pointed that out Very Happy How many lines should I write Miss cheers X
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 am

100 times please....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 am

'Cows' penis - they are called bulls pizzles. They used to be sold full length,but now I can only get them cut into small lengths, so no good for mine at all,as they would most likely swallow it in one gulp and more than likely choke.
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Lyn Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 am

gbjoce wrote:100 times please....

Okayeee!!! Miss Embarassed Laughing
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:05 am

Admin wrote:'Cows' penis - they are called bulls pizzles. They used to be sold full length,but now I can only get them cut into small lengths, so no good for mine at all,as they would most likely swallow it in one gulp and more than likely choke.

Only a Norty could choke on a penis, only a Norty lol!
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:07 am

gbjoce wrote:Thanks Lyn..so I guess good fresh pork would be ok unless the dog reacts badly to it. Was not going to start feeding pork , I was just curious why mums cleaner said you must never feed it or pigs ears

I cleared the garden of bones yesterday . Looked out later and Maska had dug up a 'rotten' bone he must have been keeping. Never seen Mia bury or dig up a bone yet. I might look for cow hoof...never tried those for the dogs.

Tbf Lyn did say "cattle" not "cows" ... cattle covers cows and bulls, so therefore she wasn't wrong to talk about cattle penises per se Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 am

They are chopped up into tiny pieces, so even a small dog would choke on it, never mind a Norty Donkey Twisted Evil
    Lyn
    Lyn
    Juvenile
    Juvenile

Post by Lyn Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 am

Thanks Awfal Laughing Laughing but I edited it Embarassed Laughing Laughing

Pizzles !!Maybe Pissles Laughing Laughing cheers lol! X
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 am

gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:04 am

Glad to see you were honest about the editing Lyn Razz lol

Been looking up these penises...yes June...they do look a bit small! Maybe I will need to look for some 'well hung' bulls for Maska Smile

They seem quite expensive...of course I don't know how many you get for that price. Can't say I recognize them ....??

Last edited by gbjoce on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 am

that's my grumble, they don't sell the 'full size' well hung bull type anymore, they chop them into bits Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 am

http://www.mutleychews.co.uk/products/dog-chews/

This site sells everything...might try some hooves...Will look for a better price first though. I never though of giving dogs half of these things!

The deer antlers were finally dispatched today...will see how long they last...if they like them in the first place that is.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 am

Landywoods sell the filled hooves,I know Lyn gets them as she is the one that put me onto them. Thanks for that link, will start searching for 15" bulls pizzles now!
    gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:56 am

Handsome doctors and 15" pizzles...it is your week June!! Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 am

Yesssss............ cheers lol! lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 am

gbjoce
    gbjoce
    VIP
    VIP

Post by gbjoce Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 am

80 cm ????!!!!! Surprised Exclamation cheers pale
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 am

That is one HECK of a well hung bull lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content