THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
1st Landywoods Order EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
1st Landywoods Order EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
1st Landywoods Order EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
1st Landywoods Order EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
1st Landywoods Order EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
1st Landywoods Order EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
1st Landywoods Order EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
1st Landywoods Order EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
1st Landywoods Order EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

5 posters

1st Landywoods Order

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

1st Landywoods Order Empty 1st Landywoods Order

Post by Admin Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:30 am

A couple of weeks ago I got an upright freezer, it is brand new, taller than I am (not difficult really I know Very Happy ) and I got if for £80 delivered cheers cheers
    So then I have the task of filling it, as I didn't have a lot of freezer space I got my stuff from my local butchers who does his own petmeat (which I will still keep getting from him) but I needed more variety, so today I placed my First Order with Landywoods, yes folks until today I was a Landywoods Virgin, but no longer, I ordered beef tripe chunks, chicken wings, turkey wings, turkey necks and some bones, also a box of pigs ears and a box of filled hooves, it came to £76 in all, and will be delivered on Thursday, so will let you all know how it goes.
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702

1st Landywoods Order Empty Re: 1st Landywoods Order

Post by kachinas Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:43 am

Very Happy Well done! cheers
    That little lot will keep your girls going for ages! Smile
    you'll have to be carefull you don't over feed them now, Laughing Laughing

The turkey wings are huge! lol

I didn't know they did pig ears and hooves! scratch
    how do they compare to shop prices for them?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:50 am

Pigs ears are £23 for 50, they don't say how many filled hooves you get, but they are £23 as well. Lyn says the pigs ears are really big, so thought I would get a box, as now 3 are over £1 at the pet shop, and a box will keep me going for ages, same with the hooves
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:01 am

oh well done it great having a freezer full.

your lucky being so close i ve to do big orders as they only come once a month so i do one to last me for 2 months at a time

never got pigs ears off them might get some next order. see if they are bigger than berrywoods
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 am

they only come to me once a month too,

Shocked those pig ears sound alot to me!
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 am

Well done June !! We order £60 worth for Tai, and that lasts us a good 3 or 4 months. In addition though, I buy goat meat on the bone for £12 for 5 kilos from the butcher in MK where my daughter lives, plus chicken wings from Tesco and lamb shanks from the MK butcher.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:33 am

I have noticed that the chicken wings in Asda are really dear, the ones from the butchers went up, and the weight went down, so I changed to Asda, but like I say they have gone up ridiculously, so looked at the price on Landywoods and decided to see what their's were like.
    I thought that the price of the pigs ears was quite good actually Karen, it works out at 46p each, and the ones locally are quite small, but anyway I will see what they are like, I can't get the filled hooves anywhere, I have seen them the odd time though. It is a bit of trial and error to see what suits me, I intend to keep getting my chicken mince from my butchers as it is such good quality.
    carol
    carol
    VIP
    VIP

Number of posts : 3364
    Registration date : 2008-09-24

Post by carol Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 am

i get my turkey wings from my butchers depending on the size of the box at the time i get them can be £15 to £18 for a big box of them,
    last time i went to get some they were cleaning out their feezers and gave me a box of chicken wings, along with all the carcasses, and bones i get.

ive asked him if he can get me any sheep heads.
    not asked for goat meat might do when go down on saturday
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 am

Shocked Sheeps heads? pale oh no! I can't be doing with them rolling around the garden! No No No
    kevuzo
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by kevuzo Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 am

I've never ordered pig's ears from Landywoods. We get 25 for £7.99 + vat from Costco (I think)
    My dog freezer is full of yorkshire puddings & ice lollies at the mo, must get it emptied so I can do a dog shop coz it's costing me a fortune buying their meat from Tescos!
    Hope the girls enjoy their meat Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:46 am

There is other stuff creeping into the bottom of the new dog freezer as well Very Happy This is because my mother is really losing it now, and every morning she goes for a paper, and comes back with a load of ready meals, so she never eats them of course, and they are in her freezer, eventually the freezer is sooo ram jam full I can't get the stuff in it that I get her when I do her weekly shop and pension run. Sometimes she takes stuff out and puts it in the fridge, where it festers till I throw it out when she isn't looking. I also then empty as much of the ready meals out of the freezer as I can, into a carrier bag, and bring them here for Wayne to eat, we literally cannot keep up with the amount of food she is buying, she is also buying tinned stuff by what seems like the ton, that is everywhere, she has moved the kettle elsewhere because the worktop is full of tinned soup etc. so I did a quick shift of some tinned stuff last week, went into the freezer I had only emptied the week before, and low and behold it was full again pale pale my cupboards are full of tins, the dog freezer is beginning to fill up, my own freezer is full.......I have no idea where we are going with this at all.......HELP!!!!
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:25 am

Shocked scratch another freezer? Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:31 am

there are more freezers than people and dogs already affraid
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:43 am

Rolling Eyes have a car boot sale then Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:50 am

by the looks of things I will have plenty of stuff to put in the freezers, so don't need to sell them off Very Happy Very Happy I am dreading what I will find when I go to my Mum's tomorrow affraid affraid I don't have the cupboard or freezer space for all this Shocked Shocked

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 am

I placed my first Landywoods order today. Finally made the change to BARF to see how it goes.

I live by lists and spreadsheets etc and had worked out exactly what I needed for two weeks Half Barf and Two weeks full barf. It came to around £40 according to my spreadsheet.

Of course, I hadn't read the bit that says they only sell in packs of 18 so I ended up ordering far too much and spent over £60 and now don't know if it will fit in the freezer and its being delivered on Fri!!! lol
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:19 am

you will be able to keep some of it quite comfortably in the fridge, it doesn't matter if it is a bit smelly, so don't get in a panic about it, dogs have much stronger digestive juices than we have, although because she has been fed on commercial food until now they won't be as strong as a raw fed dog's. Don't get too hung up on amounts and quantities, some dogs do better than others on what you feed them. For example, Cariad and Lona are fed exactly the same amount, yet the vet told me Cariad is a tadge porky, but Lona isn't, so, much to Cariad's dismay, I have cut her food down slightly and increased the amount of veg I feed her. Go by how your dog looks, and what is coming out of the rear end rather than what your scales say. If you have boatloads of food over, does your mum have freezer space and lives nearby?? Do you have a neighbour or friend who would let you have a couple of draws in their freezer?? Remember you can use any type of tinned fish as well, so maybe you don't need as much frozen meat as your spreadsheet tells you Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 am

Ah the frozen dog food dilemma!

MY shed now has 3 chest freezers in it all full of doggie nosh. NO room for me to do my "shedding" Sad

In addition to our fridge/freezer in the kitchen, we also have another chest freezer underneath the stairs for "human" use but I wonder for how much longer b4 the fidos' claim that one too? Neutral
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:07 am

Freezer rich, but food poor eh lol! lol! I am frantically trying to make some more freezer room having brought back yet MORE food from my mum's freezer, yes she has restocked it again pale pale

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:16 am

Buy a shed June, Carol will soon fill it for you!!! Rolling Eyes lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 am

My shed is converted into a big kennel, then we have the smaller kennel, and the coal bunker, not a lot of room left really, they need their play area Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    kevuzo
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Post by kevuzo Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 pm

I am frantically trying to make some more freezer room having brought back yet MORE food from my mum's freezer
    Aww, bless her.
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 pm

scratch lol, perhaps your going the wrong way about this? if you don't empty your mums freezer then perhaps she will see that she doesn't need to fill it? Smile just a thought, lol
    My Nan was the same, kept her huge freezer full to the brim, so my Mum and Aunt used to take some home with them but when they went back it was full again! lol.

Shocked There is definitely NO room in June's yard for another shed! No Laughing Lona and Cariad practise walking on two legs to get past each other! clown clown clown clown lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 pm

lol! lol! lol!
    I tried leaving it full, then found there was no room for me to put milk in for her. Then she must have carried on buying because next thing there was packets of frozen ready meals stacked neatly in the fridge Neutral Neutral
    Yesterday I just got a bin liner and threw the majority of what was in the fridge away, she also keeps buying sandwiches and tins of soup and stuff. There were sandwiches in the fridge from weeks ago, there were tins all over every surface in the kitchen, so when I got all the tins together and put them in the pantry they covered everywhere. She had actually moved the kettle somewhere else because there were so many tins on the worktop!! pale pale After I had chucked a bin liner full of stuff away, put the tins in the pantry and then put some MORE frozen ready meals in the car, I sat her down and told her it couldn't go on. She burst into tears and said she knew she was in a mess, so at least she recognises what she is doing. I said shall we go and count the tins and the packets of cauliflower cheese and tuna bakes in the freezer, trying to make a joke of it, and she is really upset. So I have made her promise to just buy a paper when she is out. I have also pointed out to her that she either gets a cleaner to help her out because it is a big house for anyone to cope with let alone someone who can't walk properly, or she will have to go into Sheltered Housing (I have got her into Sheltered Housing on numerous occasions but she always backs out at the last minute) where there are people who can help her, just said she needed to organise something or I would. Then changed the subject and took her off for her pension .
    On a lighter note.....Landywoods order was here when I opened the front door, so goodness knows what time it got here lol! lol! Just about managed to get everything in, the bones were a problem, but got round that by putting 4 into a carrier bag and wedging them into places and then leaning on the freezer door Shocked Shocked I have about 4 left that were stuck together so they are in the utility and will do today's lunch and tomorrow's lunch for them. Wayne and I are having a couple of ready meals for tea that I couldn't find a home for...but there is quite literally no more room in any freezer - and I have 3 affraid affraid
    kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Post by kachinas Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Rolling Eyes Aww bless, June, Mums eh?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content