THE GATEWAY TO ALL THINGS UTONAGAN

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Donehogawa and Katoriesland congratulate Cruz on a hip score of 5;5 an elbow score of 0;0 and a clear eye test

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for the Original and Authentic Utonagan and Utonagan Type Dog.

Latest topics

» Happy Birthday.
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm by Brandykins

» Despatches - Undercover Designer Dogs
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am by Admin

» Sulin Puppies 8 weeks
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am by gbjoce

» Sulin Pups 5 Weeks Today
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am by windriver

» More Sulin Pic's of pups
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 am by Awfal

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DIRTY DOZEN
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 pm by Awfal

» Sulin Puppies Now Four Weeks
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am by gbjoce

» Are there Birthdays in Heaven?
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:44 pm by Brandykins

» Hee! hee ! It's Crimbo !
Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

Poll

+3
Shadsdad
Admin
kachinas
7 posters

Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire

kachinas
    kachinas
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 2702
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire Empty Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire

Post by kachinas Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 am

For those in the area, this is what is being proposed. Sad

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/3476
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 10610

Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire Empty Re: Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire

Post by Admin Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:19 am

They've done it here as well, I can no longer use the enclosed ball park for training purposes, it is getting harder and harder to find places where you can let your dogs offlead to play. It won't stop the irresponsible people, because they don't care anyway, just us responsible owners who obey the rules get caught up in it Sad
    Shadsdad
    Shadsdad
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire Empty Re: Kennel Club Concerned Over Dog Control Order Proposals In Warwickshire

Post by Shadsdad Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 am

I don't suppose they have considered "Human" exclusion zones?

Thought not, we humans being the masters of all around us know best don't we?

It's a sick joke as are most local government councils, all the way to the top really so you can't really blame them. we elected them afterall? (well, not me!)

Britain used to be a nation of dog lovers, famous worldwide as such, whatever happened to turn the table against our canine friends?

I could tell you what but I can't due to "nanny state" and lack of "freedom of speech" regulations, suffice to say the minority get listenened to rather than the majority!

Can I have my soapbox back please June? Smile (You can publish a disclaimer about all the "libel", slander and down right truth I might be responsible for?) Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 am

One Soapbox coming up lol! lol! lol!
    Shadsdad
    Shadsdad
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 340
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post by Shadsdad Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:03 am

Ta very much Smile
    kazzanne
    kazzanne
    Youngster
    Youngster

Number of posts : 303
    Registration date : 2010-07-25

Post by kazzanne Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 am

At this rate there is going to be hardly any places left where our dogs can go for a run Mad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:14 am

I am pretty sure that is the idea, then the only people who have dogs will be the ones with land of their own or idiots that don't abide by the laws anyway.
    Middle England is being penalised yet again Evil or Very Mad
    Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:48 am

It's getting like a police-anti-dog-state round here. Took the boys up to our local woods a couple of weeks ago, and had to suffer the glaring disapproving looks and tut tuttings of a mother, father and daughter who was clearly absolutely terrified of dogs. Obvious townies ... apologies for any and all of you who are urban dwellers, 'cos I know you are not all like this, but some are unfortunately ... daughter dressed up in pink ugg-type boots, obviously very expensive, deep mud underfoot so hardly the right footwear, screaming blue murder because the big boys ran past her!! Parents hysterical, demanding we put big dogs on lead, plus little Gucci weighing all of 2 kilos ... daughter even more hysterical when he jumped up on his back legs like a little meercat to say hello to her!

Excuse me ... lovely crisp winters day, winter sunshine, woods in the countryside all add up to me to lots of dogs having a good time! The expression "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" springs to mind!

There is no way in a million years are my dogs ever going to be restricted to walkies on leads. I rarely even carry a lead, let alone use one Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:28 pm

You have to remember that some dogs are not good with other dogs though Nikki, and your dogs racing up to them could set a fight off, so always best to have leads with you I think.
    I totally agree about dog phobic people walking in the woods dressed for a day out in the city!!!
    That is why I now actively seek out deserted places where I can go without having to meet them, the bridle paths are an excellent place to be as large muddy horses tend to thunder past at odd moments, quite off putting to these types of people I find. I was once riding on the Country Park and Isis took the opportunity to lift her tail and deposit a large amount of poo in front of some people once, and they had near hysterics and said it was disgusting Shocked Shocked what planet do these people inhabit Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    Geri
    Geri
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2010-11-13

Post by Geri Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:48 pm

????????? I have never understood people who scream near dogs in the first place . when i had the shepherds we very rarely leaded them . we have a park near us called beecraigs that is great for dog walking they have play parks for kiddies barbecue areas for people there to have a party & lots & lots of woods . Remember us all going up in the summer a couple of years back & letting the dogs run daft in the woods (always in sight) when that was finished my daughter needed the little girls room so we walked down to the toilets we leaded them when we got back around people . so one daughter goes to toilet other daughter goes to ice cream van for cones for them & dogs me n hubby sit at a bench with dogs who were behaving brilliantly OH was getting dog bowls & water out when this child ran up & screamed in zoltans face his crime as per the mother of said child he was drooling & looked vicious???he was sitting watching hubby get the water out & was foo ked from running about with cassie so as for vicious the poor boy wouldnt have been able to attack if he wanted to lol he was more interested in water than eating said child i think it was more me that wanted to eat said child for running up to two exhausted gsd's . some people xxxxxx
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 am

The trouble is that these are the people that get listened to nowadays, no one has or uses common sense anymore. I lead my dogs for their own protection, then no one can say they have done this or that because they are on a lead with me, they only go off where I know there is no one else there or I am with like minded people. It seems to have happened in the last 10-15 years or so. You get one lot who thinks dogs are actually children in fur coats and another lot that think dogs are scary creatures that shouldn't be allowed - something that I feel has come about from the large immigration of people from certain countries that hold these beliefs. In the middle of this are the normal dog owning public, and then of course there is a 4th group of people who own and see dogs purely as a weapon and money machine
    lizm
    lizm
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1100
    Registration date : 2009-10-27

Post by lizm Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Well i'll be having you all in an uproar lol!

I totally agree with this and hope it spreads throughout the country.

Far too many out of control dogs offlead, far too many dogs jumping up on people, a chi is one thing but i got jumped on by a deerhound, i had no idea if the dog charging towards me was friendly or not.

I also think non dog owners have as much right to walk in the woods without being harassed as anybody else.

My dogs are permanently on lead in area's where others frequent and when i want to let them run free i go to places i know its safe to do so, mostly that means getting them in the van and driving to said place. Far too many owners are lazy, open a park gate and let the dog run.

Awfal
    Senior
    Senior

Number of posts : 1196

Post by Awfal Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Admin wrote:You have to remember that some dogs are not good with other dogs though Nikki, and your dogs racing up to them could set a fight off, so always best to have leads with you I think.
    I totally agree about dog phobic people walking in the woods dressed for a day out in the city!!!
    That is why I now actively seek out deserted places where I can go without having to meet them, the bridle paths are an excellent place to be as large muddy horses tend to thunder past at odd moments, quite off putting to these types of people I find. I was once riding on the Country Park and Isis took the opportunity to lift her tail and deposit a large amount of poo in front of some people once, and they had near hysterics and said it was disgusting Shocked Shocked what planet do these people inhabit Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It never does though, the trouble always starts when one or both of them are on leads. Ben absolutely has to go and say hello, just like his dad before him, but he does do it respectfully now. He will belt across the field to greet a doggie friend, but stops within about 12 feet to assess the situation. If the other dog, on or off lead, is grumpy he just wanders around doing a lot of leg cocking, and then comes back to us. Tai won't run across to say hello if we tell him not. I am happy now that Ben is OK with other dogs, it is with Tai we are having problems, although they do seem to be settling down better now. I find that leads cause problems, and they never go on except when we are going past the chickens, or past where Ben likes to roll in badger poo by the setts!

LOL at Isis taking a dump in front of those hysterical people!! I once got berated in Daventry by some silly old bat who attacked me because Hal had cocked his leg on a tree outside Boots!! Surrounded by soil, no problem, but she went off on one and I think it must be the only time that I have ever been rude to an elderly person!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 pm

My girlies, being girlies, squat (well mostly), and I once got asked if I was going to 'pick it up' I said 'pick up what' and they said to pick up what they had done, the light dawned, they had no idea that girlie dogs squat so therefore in their mind they had had a dump.....I explained very carefully that they were girls and that is what girlies did,he did look a bit embarrassed. The fact that there was no end product should have alerted them I feel Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Liz, the people who just let their dogs off willy nilly will continue to do this, because they don't give a monkey's anyway. The only people who will get caught up in this is everyday dog owners who are bothered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:37 pm